News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

How Can I Arrange a Song?

Started by AgentZoom, March 23, 2014, 07:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentZoom

I would like to arrange a few songs that haven't been uploaded yet. I am a skilled pianist, so I think I qualify.

Is there some sort of initiation for this or can I just submit arrangements to be approved?

-AgentZoom

Yugi

I thought that your name was AgentZolom for a second.

But no, there are no qualifications to be an arranger, you need to be good if you want them to get on the site, but they normally get fixed anyway so who cares.

braix

Just arrange. Look at me; I'm no less than bad and I still arrange. No initiation or anything.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

JDMEK5

I think we should have a pinned topic for answering this question. Simple an answer it may be, this is likely a really common question.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

AgentZoom

Okay. Are there any specific programs for notation? I use MuseScore, but I've heard much about Finale.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: AgentZoom on March 24, 2014, 08:20:56 PMOkay. Are there any specific programs for notation? I use MuseScore, but I've heard much about Finale.
Yes, Finale. If you can't afford to buy Finale (or don't want to), then you can use Finale Notepad (which is a frustrating program, with its limitations and all, but usable).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

AgentZoom

Okay, thank you! I think I will get Finale Notepad. Still, you guys should look into MuseScore.

braix

Quote from: AgentZoom on March 25, 2014, 07:29:33 AMOkay, thank you! I think I will get Finale Notepad. Still, you guys should look into MuseScore.
I've tried MuseScore before, but I personally like Finale better.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

JDMEK5

Quote from: AgentZoom on March 25, 2014, 07:29:33 AMOkay, thank you! I think I will get Finale Notepad. Still, you guys should look into MuseScore.
Because we use Finale, don't assume we haven't had experience with MuseScore. Maybe Finale's better than MuseScore. (Which is the case btw)

Although MuseScore is better than Finale Notepad so for a free program, MuseScore takes the cake hands down. I'll give it that.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

AgentZoom

Okay, I'll take your word for it.

What exactly happens when you arrange a bunch of songs well? Is there a promotion system or something?

Olimar12345

Nothing other than the recognition around here from your peers. :J

However, if your arrangements are top-notch, you could be bumped over to the veteran arranger submissions. It's supposed to be faster, or so I'm told.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

McDucky

MuseScore is far better than Finale Notepad, but Finale files are standard here, it makes it easier to check out other people's arrangements.