The Super Mario Topic

Started by SlowPokemon, April 07, 2014, 09:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite game in the Mario & Luigi series?

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Crazy Hand

I haven't played any but Bowser's inside story yet, but I plan to get Superstar saga for Wii U Virtual console.

And I seriously doubt any of the other final bosses' music is as good as the Bowser's Inside Story one... I love that OST.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Crazy Hand on June 12, 2014, 11:19:13 PMI haven't played any but Bowser's inside story yet, but I plan to get Superstar saga for Wii U Virtual console.

And I seriously doubt any of the other final bosses' music is as good as the Bowser's Inside Story one... I love that OST.

Ohohohoho Bowser's Inside Story has an AMAZING OST but have you considered:

End of game boss music from Partners in Time:

End of game boss music from Dream Team:
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

I remember some great childhood memories from Partners in Time.

Although I didn't level up enough for reaching the almost-final boss. Was a bitch to beat.

K-NiGhT

Played a little bit of BIS. Liked it lol
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

IHaveFury

I loved Superstar Saga and Partners in Time, but I got Bowser's Inside Story first, so I have to go with that.  :)

The final SS battle was insanely hard for me, and after I finally beat it, the castle exploded and I was sooo upset.  XD  I thought it was a really good game, though.  I laughed for the majority of the game,

PiT was the easiest game in my opinion; I beat the final bosses on the second try (it would have been the first, but my dad interrupted it and killed me :P )  The boss music was also really good and intense. 

BiS was the game that made me get the other two; I loved the gameplay, the humor, and Fawful.  While her tutorials could be annoying, I liked Starlow as a character.  She was a sassy female role, and her interactions with Luigi were pretty funny, imo.

I don't have a 3DS, so I've never played DT, but I've heard it's good!

Latios212

Bowser's Inside Story was my favorite while playing through: the story was great and just the whole thing was a blast. ;D

Though I did like the gameplay of Partners in Time the best. The babies added more depth to the battles and more possibilities for exploring. I love the whole series, but at times the puzzles in the other three games can get a little simplistic.

Though I'm disappointed in the lack of a post-game in each, I've played through all four and M&L is definitely one of my favorite spin-off series :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

imo, Superstar Saga is the best, but mostly because that was the first I played.
Bowser's Inside Story is a close second.
Personally, I didn't like either Partners in Time and Dream Team that much.
I'm not sure how to put it, but PiT just felt really off for some reason. It didn't really upgrade any mechanics and the plot was much less engaging than SS.
Dream Team was just bleh. It felt bloated. They story was mediocre at best. It wasn't that hard. It wasn't that interesting. The giant battles felt to scripted. And, oh, THE HAND-HOLDING. I think I've played few other games as bad as this one. At least the others tried to be subtle about it....

SlowPokemon

Lack of post game is totally understandable since they're adventure games lol. My favorite of the games is definitely Dream Team, with probably Partners in Time or Bowser's Inside Story following that (they're about equal for me). Superstar Saga is pretty good but it's fairly short compared to the others--still a very long experience for an adventure game, but just "less of a good thing" than the others.

dahans

Nice thread slow!!!

I have to go for Bowser's inside story, because it is one of the most creative games I have played so far. I was a little disappointed with dream team to be honest.
The following would belong to the confession thread but I was never able to beat super star saga. Ahhhhh :S
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SlowPokemon

Honestly I don't judge you because I could never beat it until I played it on Wii U. I could never beat the final boss.

SlowPokemon

Friendly notice that Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is now available on Wii U eShop, and, as with all of the four games in that series, it has my highest recommendation. Partners in Time almost more so than the others, since it was my introduction to the series and is also arguably the weirdest and darkest of the four. Oh, and if you play it, be ready to laugh. A lot.

Latios212

I like the mechanics in this game because the babies add complexity to the battles and the overworld. The puzzles and battles felt more satisfying in this game, although I didn't like the story quite as much as, say, Bowser's Inside Story.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

MaestroUGC

I just love that Nintendo is finally letting me be a level designer.

Like...!
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Pit0010

Have you guys seen this??
It's apparently gonna be in the 'featured section' in the game >:P

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030