Maelstrom's Arrangements - 8th Anniversary - Xeno Suprise

Started by Maelstrom, April 09, 2014, 12:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see more arrangements of?

Fire Emblem
2 (11.1%)
Touhou
1 (5.6%)
Weird stuff
8 (44.4%)
This poll doesn't matter because maelstrom will just arrange weird stuff anyway
13 (72.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Maelstrom

Well, that's pretty good. I just asked finale to respell all the accidentals.  :P

Maelstrom

Gyakuten Kenji 2
Yumihiko Ichiyanagi ~ First-Class Reasoning
[PDF] [.mus] [midi] [Original]

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Very enjoyable, well done. However, since the fan translation's names aren't official I'd probably say you should use his Japanese name.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 18, 2015, 02:10:31 PMVery enjoyable, well done. However, since the fan translation's names aren't official I'd probably say you should use his Japanese name.
Point taken. Did that with the game title, should have done  that with the song title too.
And thanks!

SlowPokemon

God GK2 is officially next on my list of games to play I can't believe I never even finished the second case. I remember this theme being my favorite that I had heard up to where I stopped playing though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 19, 2015, 07:31:12 AMGod GK2 is officially next on my list of games to play I can't believe I never even finished the second case. I remember this theme being my favorite that I had heard up to where I stopped playing though.
BLASPHEMY. YOU MUST FINISH IT.
The links are fixed now, btw.

blueflower999

Anyone who finishes GK2 and doesn't think that Sebastian (or Godot) is the best character in the entire series doesn't appreciate the humanity that Ace Attorney installs in its characters
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Maelstrom

I had this absolutely crazy idea today. I just don't spend enough time arranging anymore. So I'm going to start posting one (or two) arrangement(s) per week, starting next week. Right now I'm thinking about updating Monday nights.
My goal will be to keep this up the entire summer, even when on vacation.
And if it doesn't work, I can just delete this post

Latios212

If you do that, I'm just going to have to learn how to play some of your stuff :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

And you thought it wouldn't happen!

9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Door
Morphogenetic Sorrow
[PDF] [.mus] [midi] [Original]

Tobbeh99

Nice arrangement (Morphongentic Sorrow).A couple of things I noticed.
1) Would be awesome if you could incorporate the melody line from measure 1-8 in some way, don't know if it's possible however.
2) measures 1-8 is a bit tricky to preform because if you want a good staccato sound in the RH and use the pedal you'll have to use half-pedal or just small pedaling on each note. Because if you try playing it with the full-pedal it will not give a staccato like feeling I feel. What I was thinking is if you could notate that somehow, maybe with spiccato i the RH instead of staccato, ignoring the pedal in the first 8 measures might also be an idea to consider.
3) At measure 16, I think it would look better if the LH notes(in the RH staff) are beamed downwards, and maybe the RH D is is stemed upwards.
4) measure 29-30: some en-harmonic spelling, I'm quite sure it's just some small modulation to Db-major, use all flats instead of sharps.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on May 27, 2015, 08:26:18 AM1) Would be awesome if you could incorporate the melody line from measure 1-8 in some way, don't know if it's possible however.
I did consider that, but left it out for the sake of playability.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on May 27, 2015, 08:26:18 AM2) measures 1-8 is a bit tricky to preform because if you want a good staccato sound in the RH and use the pedal you'll have to use half-pedal or just small pedaling on each note. Because if you try playing it with the full-pedal it will not give a staccato like feeling I feel. What I was thinking is if you could notate that somehow, maybe with spiccato i the RH instead of staccato, ignoring the pedal in the first 8 measures might also be an idea to consider.
I guess I put it there meaning "use as needed," but idk if it makes sense to have a "Con Pedal" 8 measures in, as you usually see something like this only at the beginning of a piece.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on May 27, 2015, 08:26:18 AM3) At measure 16, I think it would look better if the LH notes(in the RH staff) are beamed downwards, and maybe the RH D is is stemmed upwards.
4) measure 29-30: some enharmonic spelling, I'm quite sure it's just some small modulation to Db-major, use all flats instead of sharps.
Totally. Will do.

I just now realized that the PDF has a one measure system. I am certain that wasn't there earlier.

edit: all fixed and files updated

Tobbeh99

2) hmm y; If you want to leave out the pedal for the first 8 measures, it isn't any strange by writing "senza pedal" in the beginning, and at measure 9 write "con pedal". So the first 8 measures are played without pedal, but the rest of the song is played with pedal. Or maybe keep just "con ped" throughout the piece and the performer will have to adjust the pedal as much as he/she pleases.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom