Maelstrom's Arrangements - 8th Anniversary - Xeno Suprise

Started by Maelstrom, April 09, 2014, 12:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see more arrangements of?

Fire Emblem
2 (11.1%)
Touhou
1 (5.6%)
Weird stuff
8 (44.4%)
This poll doesn't matter because maelstrom will just arrange weird stuff anyway
13 (72.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Maelstrom

Touhou 17: Wily Beast and Weakest Creature
Joutoujin of Ceramics
[midi] [.mus] [.musx] [PDF]
Like last week, this just happened. It feels good to arrange again.

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

It's hard to believe that on this day, 6 years ago, I posted my very first piano arrangement. During that time, I finished high school, spent 8 months abroad, became an updater, and am currently wrapping up college and have recently accepted an offer for graduate school. I can't say how much time I'll have in the future, and I'm certainly not going away now, but this something I've wanted to do for a long time and didn't want to miss the chance to re-arrange my first sheet I posted on the site. If you want to see my original (please don't, it's very bad), you can check out a .mus here in all its 2014 glory.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Theme of Rundas

Kenji Yamamoto's heavy use of choir is always hard to replicate on piano, so I built up the chords to try to make the piece was always full of interesting notes and sounds.

LeviR.star

Sweet-looking sheet, Mael! Congrats on 6 years, and may there be many more to come! :)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Zeila

The improvement between the two versions is very vast, nice work! The only thing I immediately noticed when comparing your updated version to the original song is that there are pauses after some of those chords like right before measures 3, 4, and 5 in the original, where you currently just have whole notes preceding those instead of half (in the case of m2) or dotted half notes

Latios212

Happy 6 years! A lot sure does happen in 6 years ^^

Thanks for all you've done around here, from reviewing sheets to (of course) making many that I enjoy playing. You're someone I looked up to a lot as I was learning how to arrange, and it's been fun playing sheets with you in person a few times too :)

And I look forward to more arrangements of course!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Looks really good. One thing: m.27: that grace note looks a bit weird. Consider flipping the beam on it. (I think grace notes have their beams upwards, in general).
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Thanks all. I'll be making those changes soon™.

Touhou 17: Wily Beast and Weakest Creature
Electric Heritage

Maelstrom

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Guardian of Starlight

This has totally not been sitting on my computer for the past 8 months.

Maelstrom

REFLEC BEAT groovin'!!
DaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDa

On this episode of "Why did maelstrom arrange this song?"

There is no answer,

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.