Maelstrom's Arrangements - 8th Anniversary - Xeno Suprise

Started by Maelstrom, April 09, 2014, 12:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see more arrangements of?

Fire Emblem
2 (11.1%)
Touhou
1 (5.6%)
Weird stuff
8 (44.4%)
This poll doesn't matter because maelstrom will just arrange weird stuff anyway
13 (72.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Maelstrom

Glad I could help. Honestly, I just picked this song because I thought it'd be funny to arrange. And it was.

Maelstrom

Xenoblade Chronicles
Mechanical Rhythm
[midi] [.mus] [.musx] [PDF]

With this, I (or others) have arranged all my favorite major songs from Xenoblade Chronicles. This may be the end of me arranging from my 2nd favorite OST, but it's certainly been a great run.

Maelstrom

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
Zero
[midi] [.mus] [.musx] [PDF]

Despite never playing this game, I have loved this song for 5 or 6 years so it's great to finally make a sheet of it.

Maelstrom

Astral Chain
Jena Anderson
[midi] [.mus] [.musx] [PDF] [Original]

Also known as the reveal trailer song.

The first of my weekly arrangements! I probably should stop arranging metal-related songs if I want to make some playable sheets....

Maelstrom

Super Mario 3D World
Bowser's Highway Showdown

Continuing the trend of metal-inspired arrangements. Next week will break that trend. The song in question is entirely piano, and from a game I've never arranged from before.

Zeila

I checked out Jena Anderson and Bowser's Highway Showdown and they both sound nice, good job :3

Here's some feedback for Bowser's Highway Showdown if you'd like:
  • m1 RH there are A's playing instead of the B and D that you put
  • m2 RH first chord sounds like it also has a G and B (and maybe an A on the bottom but that would have to be played with the LH or taken out anyways); second chord sounds like Cn-Eb-Fn-Ab instead of D-Fn-Ab
  • m7/15 RH missing tie before beat 2?
  • m15/16 RH low Db should be F
  • m17/18 RH missing Ab in the chord
  • m19/20 RH G should be En; personally I think it sounds better without the 3rd in the RH and if you wanted to then you could add a Bb here too, but you can still leave the G there if you wish
  • m20/22/24 LH beat 4 sounds like F-Fb instead of Fb-Eb
  • m21/23 RH there is some dissonance there with some Gb's below the Ab's (and the chord at beat 3.25 should be F-Gn-C instead of Gb-C since it goes down by a half step)
  • m22/24 RH likewise there is dissonance here too with Ab's below the Bb's (then Gn under An and Dn)
  • m25 RH beat 3.25 the Gb should be a Gn here too
  • m25-26 RH you could add the Eb's and F's here respectively, but just up an octave so it can actually be played. If you don't like the sound here then that's okay too
  • m26 LH you could add the synth arpeggio on beat 4 to lead into m27
  • m27-29 I think it would be more interesting if you wrote out the arpeggios in the RH and had the LH do power chords, but it's fine if you want to leave it as is. If so, then why leave measure 29 blank in the RH?

Overall it was just missing some harmonies, some of which aren't required, and there were a few wrong notes

Maelstrom

I'll be sure to get to that. Eventually.

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
Pardoner's Dance

Next week is a touhou song. I'll also post the remix that inspired me to arrange the song.

Maelstrom

Touhou 9.5: Shoot the Bullet
Retrospective Kyoto

And the remix that convinced me to arrange it:

Next week: A song I've wanted to arrange ever since I started arranging, but never had the skill to pull off until now.

Maelstrom

Umineko When They Cry
worldenddominator

Well, it's been 6 years since I fell in love with this song and it's only now that I've finally arranged it. I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out.
This song was indirectly chosen by Libera.

Maelstrom

Mother 3
Beyond the Sunshine Forest

A really nice little song.
Indirectly picked by Static.

Next week: A nice relaxing song for a maze.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 22, 2020, 06:36:20 PMNext week: A nice relaxing song for a maze.
While this song is technically done, I want to take the time to polish it more. Enjoy this in the meantime:

Radiant Historia
Mechanical Kingdom

I love the Radiant Historia OST and did a few songs for rainy days, like today.

Next week: something spooky?

Maelstrom

It was tuesday when I finished this

Metroid Prime 2: Corruption
Sanctuary Fortress

the true spook was the sheet this will be replacing

Next week: something

Maelstrom

Etrian Odyssey IV - Legends of the Titan
Labyrinth V - The City of Radiant Ruin

Way harder than I expected to arrange in a playable manner. Indirectly chosen by Yug_Guy

Next week: touhou

Maelstrom

Touhou 17: Wily Beast and Weakest Creature
Unlocated Hell

Absolutely love this song. I've been meaning to arrange it for some time and finally got around to it recently.

Next week: A song of farewells

Maelstrom

Mother 3
Bon Voyage, Amigo

A really fun tune from a very great game. Indirectly chosen by Atcero.