News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Making Sheets More "Theoretically Correct"

Started by PianoMan, April 29, 2014, 07:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PianoMan

Hello all! It's been a while. I don't know how many of you will remember me, or how many of you I will recognize. I joined this website quite a long time ago (maybe 2005-2006? It was still ninsheetmusic.td or something sketchy like that), and lived through both site crashes. I stopped arranging 2008ish, and I'm happy to see that this place is still around!

I'm not really interested in arranging more pieces right now, but I have learned quite a bit of music theory since I left, and I'm sort of interested in looking at some of the sheet music to make the sheet conform to better theoretical standards (for example, in the Super Mario Bros. Overworld sheet music, the Eb in the second beat of the sixth measure should really be a D#). Would everybody be down for that?

Olimar12345

Hey PianoMan, long time no see!

Nowadays, we check for those kind of things before we upload them to the site. Anything already on the site with errors are resubmitted as replacement arrangements. I think it would be great if you wanted to list the errors you find and then get together with an arranger to fix them or something.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

I always had a hard time trying to make such changes sound worthwhile. I completely agree but updating is a lot of work and to do it for such tiny changes sometimes seems like a bit much. But I'm completely down with it.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26