TWG 69: You Were Expecting A Sexual Innuendo, But It Was I, Dio!!! Post Game

Started by Mashi, August 13, 2014, 09:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thiannon

Cool game! I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, Mashi. It might have been unbalanced, but the humans still should have won. Nocturne over davy was interesting, to say the least.

Maybe an El Presidente-style game theory pre-game setup would be a fun next step?

Will try to get in a game here soon. My schedule is crazy.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

Bird

I think the game was fine besides option 9. When I looked over the game with Mashi, I didn't realize that the ninth option both added a wolf-aligned player and subtracted a human player. At the time, I somehow thought that it would turn one of the wolves into a traitor, so I suggested adding millers to make it better. Bad communication between Mashi and I prevented this problem from coming to light until the game started.

I had originally made that post about option 9 being an obvious pick while thinking option nine was actually terrible. Only when people began to agree with me did I look at it again.

Humans don't need a factfinding role or an alliance in a game with perfectly accurate cardflips. The only thing Mashi needed to look at when balancing this game was "how balanced is this game when the wolves select the best combination of options?" Because if the game is balanced when they pick well, it's a balanced game, and if they pick badly, it's their fault. And I think pretty much any combination gave the humans more than a fighting chance. We just lynched badly and I wasted my power.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Liggy

Quote from: Bird on August 15, 2014, 07:17:06 AMHumans don't need a factfinding role or an alliance in a game with perfectly accurate cardflips. The only thing Mashi needed to look at when balancing this game was "how balanced is this game when the wolves select the best combination of options?" Because if the game is balanced when they pick well, it's a balanced game, and if they pick badly, it's their fault. And I think pretty much any combination gave the humans more than a fighting chance. We just lynched badly and I wasted my power.
While that may be true, I don't think it's necessarily the best way to go about it.  Ideally, there shouldn't be an objectively "best" choice for the wolves to pick, and the wolves should be able to create a viable and balance setup choice unique to their playstyle!

I'd actually love to see this idea reused in another game sometime.  It has a lot of promise!