The Next Official Arrangement Project

Started by Olimar12345, September 12, 2014, 06:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Post your ideas below. Everybody gets one, and after some time passes I'll make it into a poll. Just remember that this doesn't happen until after the current project is completed.

Nominations:

-Minish Cap (NocturneOfShadow)
-Kirby Super Star Ultra (AwesomeYears)
-Mario Kart 8 (mariolegofan)
-Pokémon X & Pokémon Y (SlowPokemon)
-Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Latios212)
-Star Fox 64 (JDMEK5)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Awesome! I guess we vote for ONE? I pick Super Mario 3D World.

SlowPokemon

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney gets my vote.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

Can people who are most likely not going to participate vote :]

DonValentino

Pikmin 2Mother 3Tingle's Rosy RupeelandFire Emblem 8Tingle's Balloon Trip of LoveZelda Oracle SeriesWario Land 3

Olimar12345

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 12, 2014, 07:43:42 AMCan people who are most likely not going to participate vote :]

Really good question. I don't mind if the community gets hyped up about it and votes as a result, but too many non-arranger votes could result in a weak project. For example, if most of our arrangers vote on one game and the non-arrangers outvote them, it probably wont work out to well.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 12, 2014, 08:29:59 AMReally good question. I don't mind if the community gets hyped up about it and votes as a result, but too many non-arranger votes could result in a weak project. For example, if most of our arrangers vote on one game and the non-arrangers outvote them, it probably wont work out to well.

Hmm... :/

How about just making a list of games and the arrangers vote personally in a post instead of a poll then?

Example: I vote for "game", then in the OP, "game: 1 vote"

That way we know that only arrangers will vote. We should also limit the number of games to 15 or so, so we don't end up having 50 options and 1 or 2 votes in each one.

mikey

unmotivated

Olimar12345

Quote from: DonValentino on September 12, 2014, 08:33:53 AMHow about just making a list of games and the arrangers vote personally in a post instead of a poll then?

Example: I vote for "game", then in the OP, "game: 1 vote"

That way we know that only arrangers will vote.

That is definitely one option.

We could also limit the game nominations to only current arrangers, that way anyone could vote.

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 12, 2014, 08:37:00 AMThat is definitely one option.

We could also limit the game nominations to only current arrangers, that way anyone could vote.

Nice, even better. So what's the status of the current project?

Olimar12345

Quote from: DonValentino on September 12, 2014, 08:33:53 AMWe should also limit the number of games to 15 or so, so we don't end up having 50 options and 1 or 2 votes in each one.

That is another good point.

Another option would be to do a series of polls (2-4 rounds maybe) to narrow it down.

Opinions on the matter, anyone?

Maelstrom

I chose Xenoblade Chronicles over Bravely Default and Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

Fire Emblem 8 is not that bad of an idea, though....

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 12, 2014, 08:57:31 AMAnother option would be to do a series of polls (2-4 rounds maybe) to narrow it down.

It just depends on how many people give suggestions. It needs to be something that a few arrangers commit to doing, so, it can't be something that only a few people have played or like the music.

mikey

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 12, 2014, 08:57:31 AMThat is another good point.

Another option would be to do a series of polls (2-4 rounds maybe) to narrow it down.

I do agree with what you guys are talking about that the arrangers should be the ones to choose the final project; after all it's their project!  (Kind of why I picked MKWii so that I could use Coconut Mall when it's finished :X )  But at the same time every member should have a say in what project should be done.  But what I'm thinking is that maybe we (read: admin) should look through the games on the db and choose 10-20 of them that are in need of repair/enlarging.  Then every member can vote on their favorite out of those, then the people planning on joining the project vote on the winners out of those (maybe top 5-10 or so).  And veteran status gets 2 votes or something idk lol

Although I'd like it to be Mario Kart Wii so that my arrangement can count (It's a slightly challenging one...), I might join anyway if it's not, just for fun... And for something to do when I'm bored!
unmotivated

Yugi

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

I'm game with anything, so long as there's a song I like though. More people should post soundtrack snippets.

Nebbles

I second Xenoblade, game has gorgeous music.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel