Submission Information:

Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man X6
Console: PlayStation
Title: Opening Stage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Matiasgarcia

Kricketune54

Hi Mattiogarcia! Looks like it's been a long time since you submitted something here, so will just do a quick post on some things.

We ask submitters to include a YouTube link to the track when posting

The submitted sheet itself is a bit offset on the page to the right - not sure if this is result of a template or MuseScore conversion, but I will point to the current Finale template we're asking people to submit with:

Template at top of this page (formatting guideline)
Formatting in MuseScore & Exporting to Finale

Hope these are helpful to you  ;D , we would also request that the text on the arrangement is all in English where applicable (i.e. "Arranged by Matiasgarcia" instead of "Transcripción: Matiasgarcia")

Matiasgarcia

Great! Thanks for the clarifications and all that, I really need them because I was never much for interacting through forums haha. Returns are greatly appreciated. Now I fix the margins and the language. Greetings!

Kricketune54

Sorry it's not clear from your comment, did you intend to update the files? I do not see anything different. If you need help updating submissions, let me know.

Matiasgarcia

Kricketune54

Okay, time for some more feedback:

• Some stuff on this arrangement is still a little off. The tempo notehead should be 16 point font and the beat value = 12 point. The note and measure sizes also seem a bit big. Are you using a custom note font by chance compared to the NinSheetMusic template?
• rhythmic groups are mostly good, however the recurring bassline from m5-19 LH/bottom staff the dotted quarter note is a incorrect. As is, it's a little hard to place where this note starts compared to the RH. This rhythm is better grouped like the attached image (updating all measures). 
Spoiler
[close]
• For the first 4 full measures, I think Fn works slightly better than Cn for the LH whole notes.
• m3 and m4 you could separate the RH notes into two separate layers, that would make the fact that not ever note is held more obvious. As far as what goes in which layers, the top note for each beat of m3 could be the first layer, and everything underneath is layer two. The same for m4 though beats 3 and 4 would also be in the new first layer. As a part of this change, make sure to flip the note stems downward for the new second layer.
• m11 RH we usually advise that for grace notes, have a slur connecting the grace note to the note being graced (see image for m11 and 12 for reference).
• m5-19 RH, honestly I do not hear anything other than one note playing for each rhythm, no harmonies underneath, just octaves. Let me know if you can confirm the same.
    • m11 and 12 hearing this specifically for the RH:
Spoiler
[close]

Let me know if you have any questions/further explanation for any of this feedback!

Matiasgarcia

Done 8) . Yes, with respect to the penultimate point, I had taken some creative freedom to put the suggested harmony (which in a way is given by the harp in the background making unfolded chords), but it is true that it moves away from the original sound. The Megaman 8 post is fixed too. Thanks for taking the time to provide corrections and suggestions!

Kricketune54

Quote from: Matiasgarcia on January 18, 2024, 10:05:46 AMDone 8) . Yes, with respect to the penultimate point, I had taken some creative freedom to put the suggested harmony (which in a way is given by the harp in the background making unfolded chords), but it is true that it moves away from the original sound. The Megaman 8 post is fixed too. Thanks for taking the time to provide corrections and suggestions!
Yeah sorry to be picky about the notes - maybe another updater could chime in but we do tend to stick with what's heard for when transcribing melodies, and only including harmonies when they are present in the original track.

• For song playback's sake, did notice the pickup measure is counting out four beats as opposed to just 1 for the pickup. You could change the time signature, so that it both displays 4/4, and also is only 1 beat (was wondering initially why the notes didn't start immediately when hitting play). Please see my first screenshot
• m1 RH not hearing the Fn for beat 1
• m2 RH not hearing a half note Fn, just C, Ab, Eb
• m19 RH beats 3-4 I'm hearing as two sets of 8th note triplets - G-A-B and C-D-F. You could also write m20 RH up one more octave to the original octave.
• m21 and m22 RH hearing the notes a little different - for beats 2-4 hearing Gn on bottom, and that beat 3 and 4 the Gn and Bb are a half note that holds through the rest of the measure. I think you could also include beat 1's choral notes (A-E-A), which are currently excluded from the arrangement. You could write this measure as follows: (see second screenshot) give this basic premise a shot for m23-28 as well! I can do note corrections for those measures as well but wanted to give you a chance to respond to my idea first.
• LH m26 beat 4.0 hearing E not F