Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy X
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: To Zanarkand
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: McDucky

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

Cobraroll

Myself, I think this looks pretty decent, and it sounds awesome. Formatting seems to follow the rules, 8va is used where appropriate and the chords don't span impossible distances. I'd call it a pass.

Any objections or differing opinions?

EDIT: On closer inspection, it seems like the original sheet had 8va in the left hand as well, making it a lot easier for inexperienced players to see which keys they are supposed to be hitting. Could something like that be implemented in this sheet too?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Winter

First off, this needs to be re-written in 3/4 rather than 6/4. This will make it so that each of the notes currently written as 1/4 notes will appear as 1/8 notes be paired off making it easier to sight-read. That's not the only reason, but go ahead and do that, and cut the tempo to 85.

For the notes on measure 33/35/37, they should just be written as rolls instead of having the messy lead-up on the previous measure.

Measure 41: The ritardando seems to begin later into the measure.

Measure 1: The first note in the R.H. is an E, not F#

That's all I've got for now.

McDucky

Quote from: Cobraroll on October 21, 2014, 02:55:57 AMit seems like the original sheet had 8va in the left hand as well, making it a lot easier for inexperienced players to see which keys they are supposed to be hitting.

The 8vas in the left hand made it much harder to read IMO.

Quote from: Winter on October 23, 2014, 07:38:48 PMFirst off, this needs to be re-written in 3/4 rather than 6/4....
...and cut the tempo to 85.

For the notes on measure 33/35/37, they should just be written as rolls instead of having the messy lead-up on the previous measure.

Measure 41: The ritardando seems to begin later into the measure.

Measure 1: The first note in the R.H. is an E, not F#

That's all I've got for now.

Sure, just don't blame me, this is an modification of the version that's already on the site.
The time sig change will take too long time to be worth it.

Olimar12345

That is literally one of the easiest time changes. It would take like 4-5 mouse clicks...

Quote from: Cobraroll on October 21, 2014, 02:55:57 AMEDIT: On closer inspection, it seems like the original sheet had 8va in the left hand as well, making it a lot easier for inexperienced players to see which keys they are supposed to be hitting. Could something like that be implemented in this sheet too?

Generally we reserve 8va/8vb's for the outer-ends of the staves. Clef changes and cross-staff beaming is more appropriate for stuff like this.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, these two files are almost identical. Did you change anything besides the LH 8va? The incorrectly italicized copyright info is also consistent in both.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

The harmonies also need some re-transcribing. They're not all right

McDucky

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 27, 2014, 09:12:08 AMThat is literally one of the easiest time changes. It would take like 4-5 mouse clicks...
Sorry, I'm not an expert on Finale, is there a tool that does this automatically?

The Deku Trombonist

Utilities -> change -> note durations... -> change all note durations by 50%
It's going to look momentarily ugly.

Then just change the time signature to 3/4 and it will iron itself out (make sure you have re-bar music ticked or something like that).

Olimar12345

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 27, 2014, 09:12:08 AMUpon further inspection, these two files are almost identical. Did you change anything besides the LH 8va? The incorrectly italicized copyright info is also consistent in both.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

Some quick enharmonic spelling fixes:
~ M. 37 - the Eb needs to be a D# (raised 3rd of B dominant 7th)
~ M. 41 & 42 - the Ab's need to be G#'s (added 9th of F# minor chord; 5th of C# minor chord in m. 42)
~ M. 45 - Same as m. 37

EDIT:
Felt this replacement wasn't going anywhere, so it was moved to the archives.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday