News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

InsigTurtle's Arrangements (Is it 2015 already?)

Started by InsigTurtle, October 23, 2014, 01:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

I'll be gradually moving my old stuff over here. In the process, I'll be also changing them to Finale 2012 files... using Finale 2014...
I'll upload all of them one day...
Ellipses are great...

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Breezy Mushrise Park - (MID)(MUS)(PDF)
(will move later)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All
Reminiscence ~ Steel Samurai's Ballad - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)
(will move later)

Kirby's Return to Dreamland
(will move later)

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Desperation - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)
(will move later)

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
Barren Valley - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)
(will move later)

(MID) (MUS) (MUSX) (PDF)

On site:
Defend Globe
Lower Brine Cave
Sealed Ruin Pit
Sky Peak Final Pass
The Lament of Falling Stars
Anistar City

As usual, suggestions, comments, criticism, etc. are welcome.

DonValentino

Oh right now I remember, you were Rosa right? I was about to welcome you lol

Breezy Mushrise Park is nice, but when you have the "8th-quarter-8th" rhythm, don't tie two 8ths, put a quarter instead.

Ex: Measure 2, left hand, "E 8th - E quarter - B 8th" instead of "E 8th - E 8th tied to E 8th - B 8th". The same applies to measures 4, 6, 8, etc

SlowPokemon

"Reminiscence ~ Steel Samurai's Ballad" -- composers are Akemi Kimura and Masakazu Sugimori, not whoever it is you listed lol. Arrangement seems to be fine, I'll take a closer look when I get home.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

InsigTurtle

Fixed.
Also, new stuff.

Desperation - (MID) (MUS) (PDF)

Interestingly, the original Desperation does not play in the game. What a shame.

I could also appreciate it if someone could help me with my WIP Anistar City arrangement. I'd say it's about 50% done, but I simply can't work on it any longer.

InsigTurtle

New thing.
I think.
I haven't been able to find the official English translation, so I stuck with the Japanese. For now.
EDIT: Never mind. English here.

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
The Lament of Falling Stars (流星哀歌)
(MID) (MUS) (PDF)

v For reference:
Spoiler
[close]

EDIT: Derp. That's what I get for copy/pasting.

InsigTurtle

Another new thing.
This time, it's for two pianos, because it would be a bit awkward to play with only 2 hands.

Hazy Pass (Highlands) (Two Pianos)
(MID) (MUS) (PDF)

Hopefully, I don't mess up the game title this time.

Bespinben

Three arrangements but still no comments? Sad. I guess I'm to blame too, since I've taken so long to respond myself.

Wow, that Zinnia's Lament arrangement - you should totes submit that. Really well done.

Some of the chords in Hazy Pass Highlands seemed off, especially in 21-32 with the bass. I'll be making a solo arrangement eventually though, so when I do, I'll be sure to come back and give some more thorough feedback on your duet.

...and maybe it was just Finale, but everything seemed really muddy in Desperation. Maybe it was just the con pedale. Loved the crazy part later in the arrangement! Gave me some goosebumps. Just wish it all weren't so muddy. There's some practicality issues though: measure 17 seems to have some Rachmaninoff-esque LH chord stretches, and the 16th note breakout awesomeness in m. 23+ overlaps constantly with the LH.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

InsigTurtle

Thanks for the feedback! I have to admit that I sort of rushed the second one, so I only used the timpani part (I remember there being this one dissonant chord that I really couldn't grasp). And for the Desperation arrangement, I wasn't really sure if pedal should be released while the left hand played that Am13 chord (I think?), otherwise it would be kind of muddy. I could have also used a half pedal, but I have no idea how to notate that on Finale...

InsigTurtle

Something new.
It was a bit difficult to capture the ethereal mood of the original, but I tried my best to replicate it.

Pokémon X/Y
Anustart Anistar City
(MID) (MUS) (PDF)

(I just realized that 'Anistar' comes from 'star anise'.

DonValentino

You did great with this one! You really deserve more attention :p

Nebbles

Oooooh, Anistar! I've been wanting a piano version of this song, and it's fantastic! Kudos to you on this one.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

InsigTurtle

It's been three months. So, I decided to do something easy.
This here is for two pianos. I want to play and record this with someone else, but it doesn't seem like a possibility right now.
Them dissonant chords are pretty difficult to pick up. The last part took me over four hours to notate nicely >_<

Upper Steam Cave (Two pianos)
(MID) (MUS) (PDF)

InsigTurtle

I'm planning to do a lil' update a week for the rest of ze summer. Probably going just be an assortment of stuff from Pokémon and Mother 3, with some random music from other games sprinkled in.

Mother 3 - Resolve (Gum Guy's Recommendation)
(MID) (MUS) (PDF)

PMD EOS - It Can't Be...
(MID) (MUS) (PDF)

The laast one has some hand-crossing, but it's pretty simple so I guess it's fine.

EDIT: Moops, forgot something.

Deep Limestone Cavern
(MID) (MUS) (PDF)

This guy is a bit technically challenging, but if you omit those rising notes, it becomes trivial.

InsigTurtle

It's about 4:20 PM now, so I should really be getting to bed, since I'm on my nocturnal schedule now.
I've got this sheet ready.
Since the previous one was pretty difficult, this one here is super easy since it combines the choir and the music box in one voice because they pretty much play the same notes.

PMD EOS - Limestone Cavern
(MID) (MUS) (PDF)

1 pound ground beef
    1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
    1 cup water
    6 green bell peppers
    2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

InsigTurtle

Spoiler
This is from the new PSMD soundtrack. It's not properly formatted yet, because the English title remains unknown, and I'm not going with a literal translation for now. I left the composer's name as ? for now. I'm not even sure of the Japanese name, so I just used the name of the dungeon it first plays in.

ポケモン超不思議のダンジョン

ニョロボンリバー (ピアノ)
(MID)(MUS)(PDF)
[close]