Arrangement Contest No. 5 - Brainstorming Topic

Started by MaestroUGC, October 28, 2014, 06:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Figure we can humor the idea of giving this another go of the winter holidays. We managed to get the current one up and running in about a week, and now that we've got a pretty consistent judging rubric I think we can come up with a few ideas this time, set dates, and at the appointed time have the judges pick one and give us the "Ready, Set, Go."

Yes/No?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

I would rather like to do one of these with the advanced software accessible in my school's music lab rather than my terrible Finale NotePad 2012 version currently installed on my laptop.
unmotivated

FireArrow

I don't care how user friendly, I'd love to see fugal arrangements, or at least imitative counterpoint.

Also, pls no "make a song christmas."
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

MaestroUGC

God, as much as I love Christmas carols, I would absolutely refuse to partake in engaging in jollifying a piece for the sake of "making it sound like Christmas."

FireArrow

Can't tell if sarcasm or not. Christmas isn't always jolly - see green sleeves, we three kings, etc. There just isn't a consistent style.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

We've already done a waltz for a contest, right?
So what about a march
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

^That idea really is fascinating. I'm all for it. I think it might limit the participants, though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

It's probably the easiest contest to organize, and the judges could get creative with some of the variations they would have us do.

SlowPokemon

I don't like the idea of the judges limiting or choosing any of our variations.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

They wouldn't choose all of them, just like 2 out of a required 4 variations on the theme.

Yugi

I've got an idea.

How about we "lyricify" a song, giving it lyrics that fit the context and messing around with the song to make it sound better with lyrics?

Waddle Bro

MaestroUGC