[DELETED] [PS2] Kingdom Hearts - "Dive Into the Heart -Destati-" by NasiDe & Silvertitan

Started by Zeta, November 10, 2014, 09:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Kingdom Hearts
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Dive Into the Heart -Destati-
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: NasiDe & Silvertitan

Maelstrom

Just by looking at it, I can tell a few things. For one, you need some 8va marks. Badly.
I'd also recommend fixing the layers. In a few places, the half rests overlap with notes, and the note stems are a disaster in some places.
Also, I think the 4th whole note is tied to the other three.

NasiDe

I'm still in the progress of editing the sheets and have gotten through your last three points. However, your comment on raised octaves seems kinda vague. 8va certainly wouldn't fit in every location after all. I'll be checking to see what I can figure out, but yeah.

Some specific pointers regarding that would be nice.

Thanks for the help. The sheets do look a whole ton better so far. They're much, much cleaner.

Edit: Think I figured out the locations of the octave changes. Fixed them and fixed it a little more. There were some small parts missing that left it a little empty and lacking. The newly edited versions have been uploaded.

Maelstrom

FireArrow

I personally wouldn't use 8vb, it's easily readable due to the top note of the octave (and it would mess up the higher notes in the bass.)

First off, it starts in D minor, then switches C minor, then finally changes to Bb minor till the end of the song (it's extremely easy to tell where this happens, just look at the bass if the accidentals aren't enough.)

Also, some parts of the songs are completely unplayable, and you can't use dotted rests if it isn't a compound time signature.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Maelstrom

Quote from: FireArrow on November 11, 2014, 05:37:48 PMI personally wouldn't use 8vb, it's easily readable due to the top note of the octave (and it would mess up the higher notes in the bass.)
Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 12, 2014, 09:26:19 AMA good rule for piano music is to try to keep things from exceeding three ledger lines.
There are 5

NasiDe

So, should I go ahead and keep it as 8va/vb[/sup or... I'm not really sure what you're suggesting.

And yeah, I can see what you mean with the playability in that manner. I'll see what I can do about that. Lots of parts I can't remove without losing the feeling of those parts, but it definitely needs to be playable.

Yeah, I figured the key signature changed a few times. Unfortunately, I can't really it mid-song. My version of Finale is really limited on what it allows me to do. I've read up that there are newer things from MakeMusic, but those are quite costly and I can't really manage to get them. :-\

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

NasiDe

I get the distinct feeling I might not be able to make much further progress in awhile. XP

Olimar12345

You can add an 8vb bracket on the sections with the pedal D, I don't really see a problem with that. Also, if no one has already said, you need some measure numbers!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

Archived on account of growing backlog of submissions and what seems to be a point of stagnation on the development of this arrangement. Feel free to re-submit if you work on it some more :)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday