Game: Pokémon Colosseum
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Outskirt Stand
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bubbles

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bubbles

I tried to make an easy one :P i think it turned out to be difficult though

If you listen to the actual song vs the finale playback, they're pretty different. That's also the reason for the kind of silly directions at the top, but I figured that was the easiest way to present it. The song itself is freely played on the harmonica, so theres no set tempo or probably even directions.

Now I know "This isn't NinMidiMusic" but I added a separate midi file that plays the song more accurately. I'm not sure if that's accepted or not though.

There's also a few grace notes missing that I can't add myself (a D before the very first note, and another one right before the Eb in measure 9)

SlowPokemon

Weirdly enough I really like this arrangement and I wasn't expecting much from an arrangement of this piece. The directions are fine the way you have them because it contributes to the quirky feeling of the piece--sort of like you're just wandering around with no real aim.

The major thing (no pun intended) is that, in case you were wondering why you had to mark all those E natural and B natural notes... it's because they're supposed to be natural in the key! The piece is in C major, not B-flat major or G minor (I'm not sure which one you thought it was). Correcting the key signature will make the sheet much easier to read.

Other things:
1. Your sheet is really oddly spaced, the systems should be closer together so it looks like an actual piece of music--in a case like this, you should only take up half the page rather than space it out like your sheet currently is.
2. I would add slurs/phrase markings in some areas.

Other than that, it actually looks pretty good. Nice job.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

The Bubbles/Me combo returns! Only this time, the latter party will refrain from the vaingloriousness of trying to get his name inserted onto the sheet.

If you listen really, really carefully, you can actually pick up on some of the subtle rhythms of the harmonica. Lots of rubato, like you indicated, but it is there! It's difficult to describe, so I wrote it out for ya:

[GC] Pokémon Colloseum:

"Outskirt Stand":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

(Oh, and I fixed some wrong notes in what were measures 8 & 9 of your sheet)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

mikey

unmotivated

Bubbles

Quote from: Bespinben on November 19, 2014, 10:05:05 AMThe Bubbles/Me combo returns! Only this time, the latter party will refrain from the vaingloriousness of trying to get his name inserted onto the sheet.
Whoo! (speaking of that...iirc there was a sheet that you edited that I actually wanted to add your name to lol)

I haven't gotten on a computer in the last few days so I haven't had a chance to check this out but I'm going to shoot for Friday (I'm not touching the internet tomorrow because of an upcoming physics test)

Bubbles

Thanks for smallering cleaning it up >.> all my sheets look so spacy and large-printed and idk why or how to fix it

Theres two small things that I noticed though. On measure four there's a CEb chord missing, but I can't figure out how to put it in with the limitations of Notepad. Same thing with the first D in measure 7 being slightly longer. That one is mostly picking at playback, since actually playing this piece would largely differ from the sheet no matter who was playing it.

mikey

I notice that like finale's playback just sounds so weird sometimes compared to when you're playing it
unmotivated

Bubbles

It doesn't sound much like a piano because its a midi. All it really does is get the timing right but none of the "feel" of the music

Bespinben

Quote from: Bubbles on November 21, 2014, 08:33:28 PMThanks for smallering cleaning it up >.> all my sheets look so spacy and large-printed and idk why or how to fix it

Theres two small things that I noticed though. On measure four there's a CEb chord missing, but I can't figure out how to put it in with the limitations of Notepad. Same thing with the first D in measure 7 being slightly longer. That one is mostly picking at playback, since actually playing this piece would largely differ from the sheet no matter who was playing it.

Are you speaking m. 4 and 7 of my edit, or yours? If the former, I believe that the C-Eb dyad is already in there, and the first D in m. 7 is played just as long as its neighboring notes. But, like you said, it's going to sound different live everytime anyway.

I'm ready to accept this Bubbles. I just want to know if you're satisfied with how the sheet is currently.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday