News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Getting Finale to recognize Japanese text

Started by Bespinben, December 11, 2014, 10:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

I encountered this same problem when I was working on Baka97's "Getsu Fuuma Den" submission. I copy-paste Japanese characters into Finale, and it looks fine:

But as soon as I try to make the PDF, it can't process the text anymore:

Do any of you guys know of a work-around to this? I tried inserting the text as picture via graphics tool, but that didn't work either (strangely, I thought it would).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Maelstrom

It's even worse in '11. You get the boxes just by copy/pasting into finale itself. I assume this will be fixed in later versions.

Olimar12345

It's not a problem with finale, it's a problem with your PDF converter. Unless you're using finale's PDF converter, which sucks to begin with.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 11, 2014, 03:33:32 PMIt's not a problem with finale, it's a problem with your PDF converter. Unless you're using finale's PDF converter, which sucks to begin with.

Yeah, guilty as charged. I tried PrimoPDF on it like I used to also - no dice.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

InsigTurtle

You may need to find a PDF converter that supports Japanese text, or you may need to mess around in the language settings for programs on your computer. (I'm assuming you use Windows?)

I did a little test on my computer, and the "Save as PDF" function on Macs doesn't result in those boxes appearing.