News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Steam Sale Topic

Started by FierceDeity, December 22, 2014, 12:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

I just realized that we don't even have a topic for this, yet we talk about it kinda frequently. Make your steam sale-related recommendations/inquiries/comments/haikus here.

As for myself, I just bought the Binding of Isaac collection for 66 cents. 90% off, baby.

K-NiGhT

I looked at this yesterday and the stuff they have is so ridiculous! I need to get a better setup.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Olimar12345

Skullgirls is on sale for 66% off, making it only $5.06 which is a fantastic deal.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

Ooh, I'm gonna strongly consider that.

Also, I've been recommended to get Bastion for a while, and it's 75% off so it's just $3.74 right now, so Ima go ahead and get that. I'll probably wait to get Transistor until it's old enough to get more than 33% off.

Btw, essentially all of the games I'm recommending don't require a remotely expensive setup

Yugi

I bought some games in the exploration sale, so my backlog is big enough to begin with. I'll mention that Binding of Issac: Rebirth (one of the games I put the most hours into recently) is 25% off, and Always Sometimes Monsters is 50% off.

Also, Wolf Among Us is 66% off.

FierceDeity

If I'd already played through the two from the Binding of Isaac collection (still 66 cents I believe), I'd probably consider rebirth, but I haven't yet, so 25% off is a bit underwhelming.

Nebbles

Did you play Bastion yet? I love that game.

I'm waiting for Child of Light to get a little bit cheaper before I buy it. I've been interested in it for months but that sale isn't good enough...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

KefkaticFanatic

After buying tons of games in the last few years of sales, there really isn't anything left that interests me in these.  Maybe if the new Ass Creed got super cheap (I doubt it will get cheap enough for me to buy), but otherwise eh.  There are a ton of those cheap shitty and/or pretentious indie games that I would buy and then never install.  I already have far too many from previous sales and bundles so I'm not looking to add to that dead collection l0l

Bastion is moderately amusing though.  It's really short and imo not that entertaining to replay so I wouldn't pay more than the sale price for it.

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is 90% off now. You will need a controler.
It's a truly unique game. I just can't do it justice.

Waddle Bro

Master Reboot, a game I originally purchased from Wii U eShop last Halloween is 75% off on Steam and it's really worth the discount price! I recommend purchasing the Bundle, because that comes with the game's great soundtrack(and an artbook, but the soundtrack is worth the extra couple of bucks!) It's also on sale on eShop, and it's best played through a TV screen imo

It has an unique story, it's visually one of the best indie games I've played on the Wii U, and it has a spot-on soundtrack and puzzles! It's a little short, but it does have some replay value in the form of rubber duckies(and 20 Steam achievements) that are scattered throughout the courses that you can find(each duck explains the story a bit!). You can read the reviews on Steam if you need to hear more but I'd get the game if I were you!

Nebbles

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 26, 2014, 08:41:23 PMBrothers: A Tale of Two Sons is 90% off now. You will need a controler.
It's a truly unique game. I just can't do it justice.

Huh, a friend just bought that for me. Hope it's good.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

KefkaticFanatic

caved and got kerbal space program, looking forward to trying that out

Also threw in brothers and ftl since there needed to be an extra transfer in money due to somebody owing somebody, anyway I'll give them a shot I suppose ._.

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 22, 2014, 10:27:13 AMSkullgirls is on sale for 66% off, making it only $5.06 which is a fantastic deal.

Skullgirls just dropped to 75% off, making it $3.74.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

blueflower999

I re-bought Plants Vs. Zombies and Age of Mythology because they were both on sale and in remastered versions.

I feel no shame, they're both so good.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

MaestroUGC

Man, I used to play AoM all the time when I was younger. I might get the remastered version since thats apparently a thing that exists.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.