News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The "Replacing the Sheets Project" 1.0 - Current Target: Banjo-Kazooie

Started by Sebastian, December 27, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

What is the "Replacing the Sheets Project"?
The "Replacing the Sheets" Project is an organized effort brought to you by Olimar12345 and Myself to bring each and every sheet of music on Ninsheetmusic up to the current standard. Some of the target sheets were submitted before any quality standard was required. As a result, some of those sheets are abhorring. Most of these arrangements are up to date and great quality. I've made a list of sheets below that need replacing/editing.

In no way does this project forbid replacement submissions from other games/franchises. This is simply a united, organized effort to deal with the substandard sheets one game/category at a time.
We will be focusing on Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. Not just Banjo-Kazooie.

What you need to know:

-If you begin work on a sheet, post here letting me know so I can edit the target post (the next one) with the updated information. This keeps multiple people from working on the same song at the same time.
-Can't arrange? No problem; critique other sheets that either have not been looked at yet, or have just been revised. Olimar said he will be giving most of the feedback.
-There is no limit to how many sheets one may work on simultaneously but I would recommend no more than 3 and strongly dissuade any more than 5. Whatever is great though :)
-If you fix a sheet, your name will appear on the song list (on the Target Post) as the sheet modifier; however your name will not be listed as the arranger on the main site. Nor can you change the original arranger's name to your own on the sheet itself. This may only be done if the sheet was so dramatically changed that it counts as a replacement.
Altering the original arranger's name on a sheet without just cause is considered plagiarism and is strictly prohibited.
For more information on replacements, refer here. :)

Who to contact for questions, comments, and/or concerns regarding this whole endeavor:
Either Me or Olimar12345.

OST

Here is a list of the sheets that need replaced/edited:

Banjo-Kazooie           
Banjo-Kazooie:
Click Clock Wood (Spring) - Replaced by Olimar12345
Spiral Mountain - Replaced by Olimar12345
King Sandy Butt's Maze - Replaced by Bespinben
Mad Monster Mansion - Replaced by mariolegofan
Rusty Bucket Bay (Warehouse) - Replaced by mariolegofan
Treasure Trove Cove
Wonderwing! - Replaced by mariolegofan

Banjo-Tooie:
Battle with Hag 1 - Replaced by mariolegofan
Credits - Replaced by mariolegofan
Glitter Gulch Mine - Replaced by mariolegofan
Grunty Industries (Inside) - Replaced by mariolegofan
Grunty Industries (Basement) - Edited by mariolegofan
Hailfire Peaks (Fire Side) - Replaced by mariolegofan
Hailfire Peaks (Ice Side) - Replaced by The Deku Trombonist
In the Hall of the Zombie King - Replaced by mariolegofan
Isle O' Hags - Replaced by mariolegofan
Jinjo Village - Replaced by Bloop
Jolly Roger's Lagoon - Replaced by The Deku Trombonist
Jolly Roger's Lagoon (Atlantis) - Replaced by Bloop
Lord Woo Fak Fak - Self-Important Anglerfish - Replaced by mariolegofan
Mr. Patch - Strange Wobbly Inflatable Thing - Replaced by Clanker37     
Race with Mary - Edited by mariolegofan
Targitzan - Despotic Dizzy Totem God - Replaced by mariolegofan
Terrydactyland - Replaced by mariolegofan
Weldar - Visually-Impaired Welding Torch - Replaced by Clanker37       

Completed:
16 Monstrous Mechanical Mud-Muncher from Banjo-Tooie
[Zip]
Credits from Banjo-Tooie
[Zip]
Spiral Mountain from Banjo-Kazooie
[MUS] [Midi] [PDF]
Grunty Industries (Basement) from Banjo-Tooie
[Zip]
In the Hall of the Zombie King from Banjo-Tooie
[Zip]
Isle O' Hags from Banjo-Tooie
[Zip]
Jolly Roger's Lagoon (Atlantis) from Banjo-Tooie
[ZIP]
Mr. Patch - Strange Wobbly Inflatable Thing from Banjo-Tooie
[ZIP]
Race with Mary from Banjo-Tooie
[ZIP]
Rusty Bucket Bay (Warehouse) from Banjo-Kazooie
[ZIP]
Weldar: Visually-Impaired Welding Torch from Banjo-Tooie
[ZIP]

Accepted:
Jinjo Village from Banjo-Tooie - Arranged by Bloop
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Click Clock Wood (Spring) from Banjo-Kazooie - Arranged by Olimar12345
[MUS] [Midi] [PDF]
Glitter Gulch Mine from Banjo-Tooie - Arranged by mariolegofan
[ZIP]
Grunty Industries (Inside) from Banjo-Tooie - Arranged by mariolegofan
[ZIP]
Hailfire Peaks (Fire Side) from Banjo-Tooie - Arranged by mariolegofan
[ZIP]
King Sandy Butt's Maze from Banjo-Kazooie - Arranged by Bespinben
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Lord Woo Fak Fak - Self-Important Anglerfish from Banjo-Tooie - Arranged by mariolegofan
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Mad Monster Mansion from Banjo-Kazooie - Arranged by mariolegofan
[ZIP]
Targitzan - Despotic Dizzy Totem God from Banjo-Tooie - Arranged by mariolegofan
[ZIP]
Terrydactyland from Banjo-Tooie - Arranged by mariolegofan
[ZIP]
Wonderwing!  from Banjo-Kazooie - Arranged by mariolegofan
[ZIP]

If there are any other Banjo-Kazooie sheets that you think need replaced/edited and are not above, please tell me :)

Happy Replacing!!!

Sebastian

I guess no one likes Banjo-Kazooie...

The sooner we get done, the sooner we get an update and can move on to Castlevania then, Donkey Kong, etc.
It would be nice if I didnt have to do it myself.

Olimar12345

I'll do these from Banjo-Kazooie:
Click Clock Wood (Spring)
Spiral Mountain

Also, here's a playlist for the ost.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Sebastian

Replacement:
Lord Woo Fak Fak - Self-Important Anglerfish from Banjo-Tooie
[ZIP]

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 28, 2014, 12:47:07 PMI guess no one likes Banjo-Kazooie...
Ooh ooh ooh I do! But I've got enough things to do around here so I don't think I'll be able to contribute much.

I'll upload my treasure trove cove fix when I eventually get on a computer.

Bubbles

I'll try to contribute but I honestly doubt I can do much. Banjo Kazooie seems like an odd choice to begin the project with, which explains the lack of...enthusiasm

The Deku Trombonist

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 30, 2014, 04:13:19 PMI'll upload my treasure trove cove fix when I eventually get on a computer.
Great!

Olimar said he's about 0:40 seconds through with both of the ones he claimed.

Quote from: Bubbles on December 30, 2014, 04:41:38 PMBanjo Kazooie seems like an odd choice to begin the project with, which explains the lack of...enthusiasm
As Deku said, were going down the list alphabetically. Hopefully more people will be more enthusiastic when we get to their neck of the woods :p

Any contributers would be great! Even if you do just one song, that is very helpful.

Olimar12345

I'll see if I can finish up my two this Saturday, and maybe take another depending on how this project looks.

Also, as a suggestion, perhaps you could add a poll with popular options for the next game to replace? That might bring more traffic this way.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 30, 2014, 07:09:52 PMAlso, as a suggestion, perhaps you could add a poll with popular options for the next game to replace? That might bring more traffic this way.
Great idea!

Sebastian

Ok! i'll put the poll up soon!
First 5 people (Arrangers) to suggest a game gets their idea in the poll! :)
Go!

The Deku Trombonist

Perhaps later on/in a different thread would be a better idea. One thing at a time :P

Clanker37

I'll tentatively take Mr. Patch and Weldar. It will be a unique experience, replacing one of my own arrangements :P

Sebastian

Quote from: Clanker37 on December 31, 2014, 10:55:33 PMI'll tentatively take Mr. Patch and Weldar. It will be a unique experience, replacing one of my own arrangements :P
Haha, ok :)

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 31, 2014, 04:56:53 PMPerhaps later on/in a different thread would be a better idea. One thing at a time :P
Okey dokey.