News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Why do Americans (or anyone) watch Anime?

Started by ThatGamer, January 02, 2015, 09:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGamer

I would love to know why people watch anime!

Please provide an appropriate answer!

I don't want stupid crap, so here's the rules:

Don't be an ass about your answer.

Don't hate.

Don't spam.

Respect other opinions.

Really, I can't stop people from breaking the rules, but I'll try.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

MaestroUGC

Reasons to watch something:

1. Because you want to.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

idk
animes aren't really my cup of tea but apparently there's an anime out there that's right for me
unmotivated

blueflower999

Because people like watching television in general, and anime is a form of television. It's easily accessible on the internet, there are lots of fandoms that make shows easy to get into, and lots of animes are pretty short (10-20 episodes or less, sometimes), so you can watch a lot of them in a small amount of time.

That's what I've gathered anyway. This is still sort of a silly thread though.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Yugi

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

I was all ready to type a long paragraph but looks like blue beat me to it ::) Pretty good explanation too for someone who claims not to watch anime...

mikey

BLUE WE NEED TO REDO THE SUPERLATIVES YOU'RE MOST LIKELY TO BE THE CLOSET ANIME FAN NOW
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

It's not like you're automatically a weeaboo just because you watch anime; there are people that can enjoy all forms of media without being disturbingly obsessive about one in particular.

me irl
[close]

FireArrow

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 03, 2015, 12:13:42 AMIt's not like you're automatically a weeaboo just because you watch anime; there are people that can enjoy all forms of media without being disturbingly obsessive about one in particular.

I hate the word weeaboo. SHAME ON YOU FOR LIKING ANIME YOU WHITE PERSON!!!! Oh wait, you're a quarter filipino, oh it's ok den ^-^~~
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Yugi

I love how the thread title only says "Americans".

It's like nobody else watches anime.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on January 03, 2015, 03:06:38 AMI love how the thread title only says "Americans".

It's like nobody else watches anime.
"Or anyone"
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ThatGamer

Interesting answers. But, @BlackDragonSlayer, I haven't made a thread in months.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

blueflower999

Quote from: ThatGamer on January 03, 2015, 08:27:29 AMInteresting answers. But, @BlackDragonSlayer, I haven't made a thread in months.
Try "days".
Bulbear! Blueflower999