News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Thomas446's Arrangements (Currently Mario Party 7 Themed)

Started by Thomas446, August 26, 2018, 10:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas446

[GCN] Mario Party 7 - Neon Nation (Neon Heights Theme) -  - [MCSX] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

[GCN] Mario Party 7 - Inferno! (Bowser's Enchanted Inferno Theme) -  - [MCSX] [Midi] [PDF] [NEWER]

Trasdegi

Nice! I haven't notechecked it, but it overall sounds good. Couple of things from me:

- If that tremolo sounds weird, that probably is because it isn't a tremolo. Try putting a trill on the top note there.
- Make sure to always show beat 3. That means, that you should split the notes that go across it. Example:

- Double-check your accidentals: sharps when chromatically acending and flats when descending. Example at the end:

- At most places, your E flats  should be D sharps, and your A flats should be G sharps.

Thomas446

Quote from: Trasdegi on August 26, 2018, 11:51:58 AMNice! I haven't notechecked it, but it overall sounds good. Couple of things from me:

- If that tremolo sounds weird, that probably is because it isn't a tremolo. Try putting a trill on the top note there.
- Make sure to always show beat 3. That means, that you should split the notes that go across it. Example:

- Double-check your accidentals: sharps when chromatically acending and flats when descending. Example at the end:

- At most places, your E flats  should be D sharps, and your A flats should be G sharps.

Thanks for all the advice! It's crazy that I've been playing piano for so many years, but I had no ideas of the conventions that make music easily readable. I'll update the sheet when I have a chance!

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Thomas446 on August 26, 2018, 10:51:08 AMAlso, I had trouble figuring out how to do measure 20 (https://youtu.be/juQq6gsWyOM?t=35).
At that particular point, there are two triplets for the first two beats. It's a pretty tricky part there, and if you have trouble transcribing it (and other parts) because it's too fast, try slowing down the audio (if you haven't been doing that already of course!).
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Thomas446

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on August 26, 2018, 01:25:04 PMAt that particular point, there are two triplets for the first two beats. It's a pretty tricky part there, and if you have trouble transcribing it (and other parts) because it's too fast, try slowing down the audio (if you haven't been doing that already of course!).
-facepalm- I didn't think of slowing the music down, 0iq on my part haha. Thanks for the tip! I found arranging this piece really fun to do, so these tips will definitely help me continue!

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Thomas446 on August 26, 2018, 02:32:35 PM-facepalm- I didn't think of slowing the music down, 0iq on my part haha. Thanks for the tip! I found arranging this piece really fun to do, so these tips will definitely help me continue!
Nah it's fine, haha. No worries. You picked a really good piece to arrange actually, and I'm glad you want to continue.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Thomas446

I've updated the download links in the OP if anyone wants to see the new version!

Changes:
  • Fixed so that the third beat of every measure is visible (I think I got them all)
  • Attempted to fix the flat/sharp issue (I'd appreciate if someone told me if I got it right this time)
  • Added triplets in measure 20 for accuracy
  • Changed measure 15-16 chords to be human-playable

Thomas446

I just finished another Mario Party 7 arrangement (I've been super nostalgic recently)! This one was way easier than the last, even though it was technically harder imo. Updated in the OP.

[GCN] Mario Party 7 - Inferno! (Bowser's Enchanted Inferno Theme) -  - [MCSX] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

Brassman388

These sheets look fine. A little wonky at times, but that gets better the more you use notation programs.

Keep it up, man.

Thomas446

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 29, 2018, 09:09:56 PMThese sheets look fine. A little wonky at times, but that gets better the more you use notation programs.

Keep it up, man.

I was thinking of attempting to submit the Inferno arrangement to the site, do you think that it could make the cut with some adjustments? Or am I not ready to submit it yet?

Brassman388

I would have to look at it in depth, or if you have specific concerns I could answer those the best I can.