Latios212's Arrangements - NEW! Pokémon X/Y, Atelier Sophie (3/9/24)

Started by Latios212, January 21, 2015, 06:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

2021 Week 52

Made it to the end - here's my last weekly Sunday sheet I'm posting in 2021! ;D

I was really impressed that Maelstrom arranged this piece before I joined NSM, but every time I looked back at the sheet every now and then, the more work it seemed to need. So with his permission I rewrote the whole thing! As such, this is marked as a collab.

This one is quite a doozy of a final boss theme - the part that forms the first 3 minutes / 3+ pages makes a killer standalone boss theme by itself - but there is an entirely new non-looping 3-minute medley of other tracks from the game for the second half! (By the way I might have given up if I tried to write out the coda from the OST version... this last page was enough work.) This sheet comes short of my longest arrangement duration-wise, but it's tied with another in page count, and I'm pretty sure it takes the cake in terms of note count. Finale says there's 3381 notes here, which is more than my last 8 arrangements combined :P

Please enjoy, and happy holidays!

Bravely Default
NEW!   Serpent Devouring the Horizon[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original]  With Maelstrom. whew

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Holy... wow. This song is a monster. And your (and Mael's) sheet is a brilliant arrangement of it! Congratulations on such an awesome accomplishment! And with that said, I really need to listen to this game's OST. I've enjoyed what little I've heard of it, and amazing stuff. Hope to hear more Bravely Default sheets from you soon! Cheers, man!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Zeila

Congratulations on completing your weekly goal! And way to finish it off with this beast of a sheet lol. I didn't look over it too closely, but I have a few things to say:

this is a mood haha
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
  • but really, m125/126 just seems like the same pattern from before except it only consists of the first 3 beats. I think this is closer:
    I don't think it's worth switching to 3/4 for two measures and then 2/4 because it's a small syncopated section
  • m126 pt 2 also beat 4 sounds like it's sustained longer than beat 3, so either no staccato or a tenuto staccato would fit better imo
  • m171/172 don't know if you already considered and decided to omit it, but you could add the low echoed melody part on beats 3-4
  • m177-181 I took a picture and informally wrote what was changed:
    • m177 is missing an F# in between the G/E and it just sounds like a straight sixteenth-note scale instead of some freeform rhythm like the later parts (for the most part anyways... I think there are a few 32nd notes in there but they don't add much and are mostly only noticeable when slowed down a lot)
    • m178 I think there is a missing G in between the F# and A, and I think this should also start a little earlier to incorporate the B and C# from the following measure because it gets really crowded. If you write the first A# as a half note, that would make the run come in too early but it would look cleaner
    • m179 I think this is just a continuous scale so each note should be a letter apart (i.e. instead of the bigger gaps like the C# to the F# as the current 2nd/3rd notes, it sounds like there's a D and E in between). I also think that the peak note is a D instead of a C#, or you could put mordents on the C#'s instead since that part is really fast. If that is too hard then it's fine if that's omitted though
    • m180 similarly I think there are some missing notes here too, although each note is not completely neighboring the other. And then I think the highest note should be an A# instead of a G
    • m181 maybe you could add a B grace note to the C#

That's it, awesome job from the both of you!

Latios212

Thank you both Levi and Zeila! ;D It was quite the effort to finish this as one of this year's arrangements, although honestly it was not terribly difficult for the most part - the chords and melody are pretty straightforward so it was more a matter of making it work on piano, which I think it does quite well. Bravely Default has awesome stuff that I hope to dig more into from time to time :)

(Zeila - I've got a bunch of things to do these days but thank you for your feedback! I'll be sure to go through it before I submit this at some point early next year. Edit: see submission topic)

~

Keeping up with weekly arrangements with all the stuff I've been up to this year in real life has been tricky at times, but having said that I don't plan on stopping yet. Look forward to more sheets next year ^^

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

2022 Week 1

New year, new series of Sunday sheets! No promises that I will last until the end of the year but I will keep posting a new arrangement every week as long as I am able to.

Here's to a fruitful 2022! ;)

Kirby Mass Attack
NEW!   Fetching Fruit[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Nice sheet, Latios! I've love this song, so thank you for arranging it!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

2022 Week 2

Here's my second sheet from the original Xenoblade Chronicles! For whatever reason I haven't found any sheets or covers of this piece at all (at least when searching in English) - this track deserves some love. This piece has some pretty strong musical ties to Manami Kiyota's Eryth Sea and Prison Island, setting the scene for this stage of the game.

It's also the theme of endlessly running across the largely barren capital to complete side quests...

Xenoblade Chronicles
NEW!   Alcamoth, Imperial Capital[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 02, 2022, 11:07:58 AMNice sheet, Latios! I've love this song, so thank you for arranging it!
Thanks Levi, I'm glad you like it <3

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

2022 Week 3

I'm skipping ahead a little bit in the numbering here because I want to submit this... but this is actually the 400th sheet I've finished (397-399 are complete and will be posted on the next few Sundays)! This month also marks seven years since I first joined NinSheetMusic, so a big thank you to everyone who's helped me out along the way ^^

For this special occasion, please enjoy my arrangement of possibly the greatest track from the The Great Ace Attorney duology ;D

(The full listings/stats in the OP will be updated once I upload the rest of the sheets up to #400.)

The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve
NEW!   Partners - The game is afoot![MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Alternatively...
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

2022 Week 4

A new replacement for the replacement initiative! (I know next to nothing about this game or this track...)

Tales of Symphonia
NEW!   Presea's Theme[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

2022 Week 5

So far this year, a different series each week... here's a sheet from Atelier Ryza! I'm playing (and enjoying) this game after hearing about it from two of my friends, one of whom is Sayshi (forum profile, YouTube) - whose sheet here I helped with :)

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout
NEW!   Ordinary Days[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original]  With Sayshi.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

2022 Week 6

What's this? A Mega Man sheet? It's the first one in this thread :)

A while back, Levi was talking in the server about how difficult this piece would be to translate to piano. I played around with it (since this is pretty much the only Mega Man piece I know lol) and after much procrastination - we ended up with what you see here. We're quite happy with how it turned out!

Mega Man 2
NEW!   Dr. Wily Stage 1[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original]  With LeviR.star.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

2022 Week 7

It's time for my first Hisui region sheet! ;D

To say nothing of the game itself, the soundtrack for Pokémon Legends: Arceus has really got me feeling a way that I think I haven't since HeartGold/SoulSilver. The usage of older Sinnoh tunes and influence from older Pokémon tracks feels at once familiar and fresh to me. It really restores my faith in Pokémon again... after not having had an experience like this in quite a long time <3

Here's a piece you hear about 5 minutes into the game, which presents (I think) the main motif for the game, which doesn't quote anything from Diamond/Pearl explicitly, but definitely has that Sinnoh vibe~

(Note: no idea on official track names yet, will update when available)

Pokémon Legends: Arceus
NEW!   Chat with the Professor[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

2022 Week 8

So far this year... it's been a different series each week! Here's another to continue that! I think I remember seeing somewhere that this is the fastest of all the Rhythm Heaven pieces. Though there's nothing particularly tricky about it, it has a really joyful and memorable melody regardless ^^

Rhythm Heaven
Remix 4[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

2022 Week 9

very important track here

Paper Mario: The Origami King
NEW!   Offering Box[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cashwarrior1