Latios212's Arrangements - NEW! Pokémon X/Y, Atelier Sophie (3/9/24)

Started by Latios212, January 21, 2015, 06:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Next up! I have never had such a productive way to procrastinate studying. Thanks very much to FireArrow for helping me out here :3 Anyone have any suggestions on how to make measures 12-14 more playable?

[NDS] Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version

"Route 201 (Day)": NEW!
[MUS] [Original]

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 15, 2015, 06:55:11 PMYour tremolos are notated wrong. You've got it indicated to play that interval in repeating 16th notes as opposed to the actual tremolo.
Whoops. I'll get that fixed sometime.

Quote from: Oronoco on October 24, 2015, 11:29:14 AMThat is cool! It sounds super-festive. Like Christmas. Or a beach party.
It does :D Too bad it never made it in game.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

Not sure why I didn't think of this before, but maybe you could just notate the bass in half notes. This frees up the L.H. to do all the triplet junk.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Latios212

How about just leave it as dotted eighth + eighth. I think that's doable.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

Latios212

Great!

Altissimo uploaded the soundtrack for Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games, which I actually played when I was little :P So I pulled together a quick one with her help. As always, there may be wrong notes... also if anyone had any suggestions on how to notate splitting the middle voice into LH and RH when necessary, that'd be great.

[GBA] Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games

"Menu": NEW!
[MUS] [Original]

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brawler4Ever

I'm hearing the G in measures 1 and 5, as well as the F in 3 and 7, extend into the next measure, each. If you listen closely to the first A in 3 and 7, you can hear a lack of sound (if that makes sense). It also exists in 1 and 5, but it's much more difficult to hear. So basically I believe that each of those higher notes should be tied to a whole note in the next measure. But I might be mistaken. :P

As for the middle voices, that's more difficult. Are you against the idea of switching hands for that? :P For example, measure 3 is kind of a nightmare. From what I can tell, the first 3 eighth notes should be played by the right hand, the next two by the left hand, and the last 3 by the right hand. Otherwise, you would have the left hand extend from an A to an E. But then, even if you do switch hands, you're having the right hand extend from an E to a C anyway. Maybe have the lower note in the middle voice as optional?
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Latios212

oh shoot totally forgot to respond to this xD I'll get to it sometime! Your feedback is always appreciated!

And now for the next big reveal...

[NDS] New Super Mario Bros.

"Athletic": (with mariolegofan) NEW!
[MUS] [Original]

And this definitely deserves its own spotlight but didn't get to post here last time:

[3DS] Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

"Soaring Illusions" (with InsigTurtle) NEW!
[MUS] [Original]

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

Athletic theme:
Measures 21, 22, 41, 42: Ab's -> G# (Deceptive cadence to C major)
Measure 53: Bb -> A# (Preserving the the 3rds is less important than voice leading.)

Soaring Illusions:
Flip those stem directions for cross staff beaming :3
Measure 8: Eb -> D# (G augmented 7 chord)

Latios212

[3DS] Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

"Quiet Night": NEW!
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original]

This game is so great. Couldn't even resist stopping playing the game to listen and arrange some tracks (thanks to the Jukebox being unlocked from the very start!) :P
Here's one new sheet, more to come eventually! Have fun. ;D

Quote from: FireArrow on November 12, 2015, 03:13:54 PMAthletic theme:
Measures 21, 22, 41, 42: Ab's -> G# (Deceptive cadence to C major)
Measure 53: Bb -> A# (Preserving the the 3rds is less important than voice leading.)

Soaring Illusions:
Flip those stem directions for cross staff beaming :3
Measure 8: Eb -> D# (G augmented 7 chord)
Athletic fixed, Soaring Illusions will do soon, thanks!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

[3DS] Yoshi's New Island

"Overworld": (with TheMarioPianst) NEW!
[MUS] [Original]

TheMarioPianist and I worked on this and finished about two months ago and didn't post it until now. Oops.

I will say although Yoshi's New Island is a pretty awful game (monotony of level design, lack of difficulty, overuse of new game mechanics in painfully obvious ways) with some pretty meh tracks, some of them are quite nice. Like the Staff Credits theme, and this one!

I decided I may as well post this now and help MLF kick-start the section on site. Feedback would be much appreciated before we submit! (Particularly relating to how to measures 27-31 playable.)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Hmm... felt like listening to Zelda music today. Not sure why, I haven't even really played through a Zelda game before.

Dedicated to NocturneOfShadow!

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

"GRA-A-ANDMA!": NEW!
[MUS] [Original]

100 replies on this topic wheeee

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

Quote from: Latios212 on December 17, 2015, 09:45:20 PMNot sure why, I haven't even really played through a Zelda game before.
YOU MUST BE PURGED convinced to play one
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

Latios212

[NDS] Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version

"Floaroma Town (Day)": NEW!
[MUS] [Original]

DPPt didn't win grrrrrrrr

Not quite finished; would like some feedback on
- 8va/clef change/cross staff for the chords?
- Where to incorporate other layers - somewhat hesitant to do it on the first page because it'd go above the melody in places (and distract from it too much) and overlap the chords in others (which isn't good). I'll see what I can do on page 2 though.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

I dunno why there's this taboo about having the counter melody above the melody. There's nothing wrong with having something on top of the melody. Just because finale playback always brings out the highest voice doesn't mean that you have to do that when performing it. If it wouldn't already be suggested by the format of the piece, you can always just write out "bring out lower voice" or something for that section.