News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Upcoming Games Topic

Started by Olimar12345, January 24, 2015, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

There's little to debate since you shouldn't know what you're talking about to begin with, seeing as you haven't played the game.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Sebastian

Didn't say I haven't played the game. I said I don't want to.
I've played it at my friend's friend's house.

Nebbles

We're changing topics before this gets worse.

I cannot stop thinking about possible Cave Story 2 oh man
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Sebastian

Quote from: Nebbles on January 27, 2015, 01:18:07 PMWe're changing topics before this gets worse.
No Worries, Nebs.
There won't be anymore flame wars involving me! :)
Just simply and mildly stating my opinion which no one has to agree with if they dont want to.

K-NiGhT

I get that you're trying to "be the better person" but there's a difference between "simple and mild" and passive-aggressive. Am I a GTA fan boy? Not by any stretch of the imagination. But I don't say games that I've never/barely played are bad based on what society says about them.

ANYWAY, I just looked up some info about No Man's Sky. It looks pretty cool, but it remains to be seen whether or not the developers can provide what they've promised. Hopefully that doesn't become a trend again this year.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Sebastian

Quote from: K-NiGhT on January 27, 2015, 01:28:12 PMI get that you're trying to "be the better person" but there's a difference between "simple and mild" and passive-aggressive. Am I a GTA fan boy? Not by any stretch of the imagination. But I don't say games that I've never/barely played are bad based on what society says about them.
That's ok. :)
I'll let it go now.....
Carry on!

mikey

GTA is trash game  ;D
I mean nobody's forcing me to play it and I won't but eh, why not shout out my opinion?  After all, this is the internet.
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 27, 2015, 01:44:35 PMGTA is trash game  ;D
I mean nobody's forcing me to play it and I won't but eh, why not shout out my opinion?  After all, this is the internet.
lol
and true!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Quote from: K-NiGhT on January 27, 2015, 01:28:12 PMANYWAY, I just looked up some info about No Man's Sky. It looks pretty cool, but it remains to be seen whether or not the developers can provide what they've promised. Hopefully that doesn't become a trend again this year.
imo, the devs are better than the game.

blueflower999

GTA is probably fine if you're looking for some mindless fun and a simulation of the world if you could do whatever you wanted and get away with it, but it doesn't have that special beauty that I look for in video games and it isn't for me.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bubbles

Yeah, I don't think anyone plays GTA for the story, soundtrack, character design, or basically anything else valued in other games. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it though. It's all about target audiences and differences in preferences

Maelstrom

The only selling point is that you can go anywhere and do anything. I don't understand how it constantly gets 10/10 reviews.

Yugi

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 27, 2015, 01:00:47 PMGTA 5 makes fun of social media, videogame addiction, women, minorities, drug abuse, and promiscuity but it is never really clear whether the game has any goal in mind in doing so. Satire seeks to improve humanity by arousing our disapproval of an object or idea. GTA 5 just wants us laugh at how misguided its black characters are, how annoying its female characters are, and how many penis jokes "Trevor" can recite. It is also very racist and sexist.

GTA 5 has little room for women except to portray them as strippers, prostitutes, long-suffering wives, humorless girlfriends and goofy, new-age feminists which is NOT funny.

http://gamechurch.com/grand-theft-auto-5-is-a-bad-game/
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/grand-theft-auto-v-review/1900-6414475/

Quote from: the first articleI am told that GTA5 is a satire of the American Dream... kinda like GTA4 was satire of the American dream. Satire, however, generally has something to say. GTA5 makes fun of social media, videogame addiction, women, minorities, drug abuse, and promiscuity but it is never really clear whether the game has any goal in mind in doing so. Satire seeks to improve humanity by arousing our disapproval of an object or idea. GTA5 just wants us laugh at how misguided its black characters are, how annoying its female characters are, and how many penis jokes Trevor can recite.

Quote from: the second article, but its quoted in the first articleOn a less positive note, it's deeply frustrating that, while its central and supporting male characters are flawed and complex characters, with a few extremely minor exceptions (such as the aforementioned optional getaway driver), GTA V has little room for women except to portray them as strippers, prostitutes, long-suffering wives, humorless girlfriends and goofy, new-age feminists we're meant to laugh at.

MLF, I'm going to ask this again, have you actually played the game?

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999