News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

The "Random Act of Kindness" Thread

Started by shadowhunter301, April 30, 2016, 05:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

[WARNING: SARCASM AHEAD]

Maybe we should just change it to: "Happy Thoughts Thread".

I think the title of the thread is fine, but just in the OP put the option to share either things the poster has done or things that the poster has witnessed/received. The title is general enough as is IMO.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Ruto

Just add a note that this stuff done here is really thankless and not to show off. I guess that would mean to limit the amount of praise given out right on this thread. But if it helps other people do similar things why not?

If you tried to help and there's a good outcome, then it makes a nice story and I don't think sharing that is bad. I also remember that's not always the case, like my old high school math teacher bought a sandwich for a homeless guy near Wall Street and he actually threw the sandwich at her as she was walking away, saying he didn't need any help D:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 30, 2016, 09:28:36 PMThis topic would make more sense to me if it were centered around posting about awesome people that did random and kind things to you, and that you really appreciated the gesture, no matter how big or small it was.

Idk, I used to work with some weird people at my last job who would always talk at you about "how awesome they were for being randomly kind to some stranger," like it was some form of sick competition. Sort of defeats the purpose in my mind.

1) That sounds fine to post too
2) Add a disclaimer, I already got thanked by manio lol now where's the change

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

shadowhunter301

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 30, 2016, 09:36:57 PM[WARNING: SARCASM AHEAD]

Maybe we should just change it to: "Happy Thoughts Thread".

I think the title of the thread is fine, but just in the OP put the option to share either things the poster has done or things that the poster has witnessed/received. The title is general enough as is IMO.

Done. Thank you!

Quote from: Ruto on April 30, 2016, 09:52:46 PMIf you tried to help and there's a good outcome, then it makes a nice story and I don't think sharing that is bad. I also remember that's not always the case, like my old high school math teacher bought a sandwich for a homeless guy near Wall Street and he actually threw the sandwich at her as she was walking away, saying he didn't need any help D:

Yeah, that happens a lot and I can understand why. I witnessed homeless people throwing away or rudely mocking the person if they give them money or food, saying that they don't need help. I understand them though. They could be embarrassed because it makes it painstakingly obvious that they need "help" with food, because they are struggling to eat. They should be grateful, but I too would be embarrassed, yet grateful.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 30, 2016, 09:28:36 PMThis topic seems kind of weird. Like, a random act of kindness imo is something you just do without really needing to share it or even bring it up unless prompted.
This topic would make more sense to me if it were centered around posting about awesome people that did random and kind things to you, and that you really appreciated the gesture, no matter how big or small it was.

Idk, I used to work with some weird people at my last job who would always talk at you about "how awesome they were for being randomly kind to some stranger," like it was some form of sick competition. Sort of defeats the purpose in my mind.
Honestly this. The whole point of a random act of kindness is that it's not premeditated.
We should make this thread about things you've seen other people do, or kind acts you've received, IMO. The point of a thread based on this is not to stroke your own ego.
what is shitpost

Bloop

all that being said

I work as a cashier, so I sometimes see some kind people come by. Once I had this kid who wanted to buy something to drink but then realized he had forgotten his money. But instead of leaving without his drink, an older lady paid it for him.

InsigTurtle

Ah, there was that one time where I went around on Christmas Eve with my friends, heading out into the worst neighbourhood to give out stuff, including cookies.

(and then I nearly got stabbed there right after my birthday so I never went back)

E. Gadd Industries

I was a member of the Junior Beta Club back in Middle School, and every year, they take a trip to Atlanta. I'd always wanted to go on that trip, but my parents were never willing to fund it (which I can understand). One day, in 8th grade, I was called out of class with some other students by the teacher over all of that, and she was giving final instructions for that trip: what not to bring, what time the bus will arrive, etc. Well, I told her I never signed up nor paid to go on that trip, and she gave me an odd look and said I did pay for it. After insisting that I hadn't, she went, showed me the paper where you sign your name after making a payment for something in school, and surely enough, there was my name, with the exact amount of money needed for the trip. To this day, I don't know who paid that money for me, but I will remember that for as long as I live.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nebbles

A few years back, I forgot to bring my card to school, and didn't realize this until I went to pay. The guy standing behind me paid for my breakfast, which was super nice.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FireArrow

Quote from: braixen1264 on April 30, 2016, 07:48:04 PMI'm never very kind, I prefer to be on the receiving end.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

ZeldaFan

I went to my school's photo lab to print off a picture I needed for my class that started 10 minutes later. Somehow I had forgotten to bring my wallet, so another guy paid for my print. It was only like, $3 but it was still nice of him.

Also, my friends and I went on a youth activity to Temple Square in Salt Lake City. We wanted to get some hot chocolate so we all got in line, and a nice guy behind us said, "I'm paying for all these drinks, and the next 5 behind me."

AND, on Saturday I went with my parents and grandparents to the aquarium. Some lady walked up to my mom and was like "I have a membership, I can get you all in for free" so they scanned her card and we all got in free, where normally we would've had to pay $15 each. That was so nice, and we couldn't properly thank her, she took off right after they scanned her card.

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

mikey

unmotivated

Bloop