News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

[Wii] Super Paper Mario - Multiple Songs

Started by King Sammer, January 28, 2015, 05:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IHaveFury

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 03, 2015, 11:14:55 AMYou can post it on the forums with whatever program you have. However, you cannot submit it without a flawless finale file. A musicXML dump will not suffice.

Thank you for answering!  I think I understand.  :)  I'm just curious; how do you convert it to finale?  I mean, would I need to buy an account?

Maelstrom

Well..... it's complicated. idk if what you use exports musicXML files at all, if not natively. There may be a plug-in for that. You may also need a plug-in for finale notepad, which I think you now need an account to download, but it is free. However, Notepad is limited in such a way as to convince you to buy the full product, which is not cheap at all. You certainly won't be able to do all the fixes, so you may need someone else to do them for you. I can't, as I have finale 2011, and files are not backwards compatible.

tl;dr: You can do it using musicXML files, but it's not exactly simple.

Sebastian

I'd recommend getting Finale Notepad 2012.

JesterMusician

So I'm trying out Castle Bleck, and after I think 3 hours, I only have the first 11 measures after the intro. I don't really know what I'm doing...this one is really difficult.

[PDF]
[MUS]
[MID]

Bloop

Oh yeah I feel you, I once tried to arrange it too and it's a very very very very x1000 difficult song. I don't have the unfinished file anymore though ;c

Uranium The Element

Quote from: Jester Musician on April 09, 2015, 11:42:25 AMSo I'm trying out Castle Bleck, and after I think 3 hours, I only have the first 11 measures after the intro. I don't really know what I'm doing...this one is really difficult.

[PDF]
[MUS]
[MID]
5 Stars for effort and accuracy! I can't wait until the whole thing's released!
Quote from: Mario Lego Fan
Is this administrator crap part of the April fools getup?
Quote from: Maelstrom
Yes. What else would it be?
Either Maestro going crazy, Deku getting hacked, or Jamaha having way too much fun at those parties..

JesterMusician

Well wait no longer, I did the rest of it, but there's still lots of room for improvement, in my opinion. Like, I'm not sure how possible it is even to play. Oh well, let me know what you guys think.

[PDF]
[MUS]
[MID]

AwesomeYears

The actual link to the PDF is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3n03jt3cgwif9u/Castle_Bleck.pdf?dl=0

Jester's URL has a wrong address.   

Also, add some dynamics

Maelstrom

Try compound time signitures. Like 6/8+7/8. Take a look at Bespinben's arrangement of the opening from Link's Awakening on the main site for an example of how to do it.

JesterMusician

Okay, I used 6+7/8 time. The second part I realized isn't 8+7/8, but rather 15/16, all four measures. I changed the PDF to reflect that.

Uranium The Element

Quote from: JesterMusician on April 09, 2015, 04:27:08 PMWell wait no longer, I did the rest of it, but there's still lots of room for improvement, in my opinion. Like, I'm not sure how possible it is even to play. Oh well, let me know what you guys think.

[PDF]
[MUS]
[MID]
I agree with you. I like it, though!

I'm going to make an 8-bit version of it!
Is this administrator crap part of the April fools getup?
Quote from: Maelstrom
Yes. What else would it be?
Either Maestro going crazy, Deku getting hacked, or Jamaha having way too much fun at those parties..

Sebastian

Hey Jester, you should put Castle Bleck on your arrangement page and I'll give you some feedback on it :)
Your arrangement page might be a better place to talk about your arrangement :P

JesterMusician

Gloam Valley is a pain...I'm starting to wonder if anyone is actually going to attempt playing it. Here are the first four measures:

[MUS]
[PDF]

InsigTurtle

It sounds like it's pretty simple after you get past the intro. The bass line could be a pain, though.

Maelstrom

Quote from: JesterMusician on April 16, 2015, 02:55:22 PMGloam Valley is a pain...I'm starting to wonder if anyone is actually going to attempt playing it. Here are the first four measures:

[MUS]
[PDF]
That's the thing about Super Paper Mario Music. It may sound pretty good as a mp3, but it just doesn't translate extreemly well to piano. Not to mention the fact that most of the songs are borderline impossible
Shameless Self-promotion
In fact, it reminds me of this song and my arrangement of it:
Life (Incomplete)
[.mus]
[close]

edit: had this typed out hours ago and only realized I hadn't posted it until now.