[3DS] Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire - "The Lament of Falling Stars" by InsigTurtle

Started by Zeta, January 30, 2015, 02:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: The Lament of Falling Stars
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: InsigTurtle

[attachment deleted by admin]

InsigTurtle

For referencerino:

Sebastian

Wow! GREAT WORK!
Just one thing

-Missing url at the bottom of the page: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/

Excellent Work! :)

InsigTurtle

Bespinben

Really solid arrangement, like I said on your other thread.

After playing through it once, I found there were a few things that could improve the reading experience. One thing was the frequent overlap of the LH and RH, and the low notes in the treble clef. I propose a solution:

So, when the accompaniment line starts repeating the chord notes from beat 1, that's when you want to switch the the RH, and that way, you can neatly keep the lower notes of the arpeggio in the bass clef. This notation is also Notepad friendly, for anyone else that would want to try it out.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Xaoz

Beautiful.

But you should remove the "pno." from each line. Except for that, it follows the style-guide perfectly, I think.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

InsigTurtle

I was getting used to Finale 2011 not adding the abbreviation to the start of each line, so I'm not used to having to change it in Finale 2014.

Could I have keep the melody in layer 1 while having the arpeggio go into layer 2 on the upper staff? I think it would make it much easier to tell where the melody is. Either that, or the note mover tool.

Bespinben

Try using the note mover tool. I'd like to see how that would look with cross-staff notation. Only thing I problem I would see with that is the cross-staff gives the impression to continue to play with the same hand, but try it out.

InsigTurtle

Bespinben

Bespinben

Okie dokey! Here's my OCD-proof final edit of your sheet. Only thing I changed note-wise was the chords in m. 17.

[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Quick run down:
*Majority of expression markings were Italian, so the tempo marking changed for uniformity
*Fiddled with the dynamics (glad to see I'm not the only one who writes in invisible "shut-up" articulations on overpowering accompaniment)
*Ottava for m. 6-14
*Made the slurs spaced just right from the staff to avoid collision; same was true for the rolled chord markings
*Ton of other non-essential OCD junk (invisible pedal markings, counting pixel height of cross-staff beams to match each other)

(And here's the .musx file for your personal records Insig if you want it: [MUSX]

The Deku Trombonist

Xaoz

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on February 16, 2015, 04:02:23 AMThere's a double double-quote in the title on top of page two :P
Your catch is not nearly as impressive as the MAJOR guideline violation I spotted:

Guide clearly says the text for pedaling has to be "con pedal", but you wrote "con pedale"(which I would consider correct!). Still!
Must! Obey! Guide!

Xaoz