NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Questions, Questions, Questions

Started by ZeldaFan, February 02, 2015, 11:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

okay but do you only play romantic music
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Not at all. But most of the super major concerti (and by that I mean most performed) are in the romantic period or onwards; which is what is most often recorded and listened to. Some exceptions being a handful of the over two dozen Mozart concerti, and the Beethoven C minor, G major, and E flat major (those being #3, #4, and #5 ((Emporer)) respectively), which are basically romantic works anyways given their style and the time period in which they were written.
There are of course good keyboard concerti of Bach and others in the classical period, but very rarely is a concert hall ever packed with people to hear a Haydn concerto. Most often, it's the bigger fish; Grieg (A minor), Rach 2 or Rach 3, Brahms 2, Chopin 1, and a few others.
Also; I haven't played the Schytte concerto, nor any other major concerto (though I'm currently working on the Beethoven C minor off and on).
what is shitpost

MaestroUGC

Better? Maybe. But Gershwin is also one of my favorite composers. I can have a personal favorite work, it doesn't mean I like it at the expense of others.

Incidentally, most days I'll play through Liszt's "Fantasy on Themes from Rienzi". Not necessarily a favorite, but I don't actively play a lot of other people's music.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Also fair. I just think that the Schytte, along with all the other non standard rep, is far better than a lot of standard rep.
what is shitpost

Ōkami~MD

Gershwins music was effectively 'music of the people', which is why it was received negatively by critics but still ran a successful performance, because the people are the real critics since they decided whether to buy tickets or not.
Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on May 08, 2016, 03:58:09 PMIt's one of the better ones in the "standard" canon, but I'd encourage you to listen to concerti outside that. They tend to be far better.
A la, Ludwig van Schytte (pronounced "shootah"):

hmmm.... I'm all for discovering new music, can't say I'm a fan of the piano integration/solo cadenza type bits but it does remind me of this:

because of the arpeggio bases throughout.

btw anyone here play cello to a good standard? if you do please pm me I have a solo cello piece that I need to get people to play for my composition assessment, would be great if someone here did

Here is a piece of fairly non-standard orchestral rep, i played violin in this for a christmas concert, it's a bit of a rare gem. We were conducted by Daniele Rosina (but this aint us playing lol :P)

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

SlowPokemon

I'm learning this Bolcom set, "Nine New Bagatelles," and I can't fucking get enough of it

Spoiler
[close]
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ōkami~MD

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 10, 2016, 10:08:44 AMI'm learning this Bolcom set, "Nine New Bagatelles," and I can't get enough of it

Spoiler
[close]

That is such a cool piece, the titles are cool too

1. (...'and then what happened?')
2. (...what happened)
3. (...a bird comments--to another bird?)
4. (...Lord Lovell's trunk)
5. (...a little story)
6. (...take no prisoners)
7. (...valse oubliable)
8. (...benediction)
9. (...pavane for the dead/hope's feathers)
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

ZeldaFan

#177 - May 12, 2016
How often do you clean your room/apt/house?

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Ōkami~MD

never mwhahahahahahahahahahaha
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

Bloop

E. Gadd Industries

Eh, approx. once every 9 months. Thing is, I'm decently organized in the first place, so I don't have to clean it that often.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Waddle Bro

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 12, 2016, 02:51:14 PMEh, approx. once every 9 months. Thing is, I'm decently organized in the first place, so I don't have to clean it that often.
u full of shit just the dust is too much

E. Gadd Industries

OHHH! Yeah, I dust my room every 2 weeks or so. As far as organized, picking up, etc., that's what I meant.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

unmotivated

Hero of Trains

Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back