Arrangement Contest No. 6 - Brainstorming

Started by MaestroUGC, February 03, 2015, 08:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

Bloop

I guess that settles me as host. It'll probably be 95,67% for fun, as I don't have any mod powers or stuff to give out prizes. And I also like the idea of a bossification! Looks pretty promising.

MWUAHAHAHA I HAVE POWER OVER ALL OF YOU NEXT CONTEST.

mikey

oh but if I'm gonna be in this we can't start it for a while because I'm literally online drowning in schoolwork
unmotivated

Bloop

I personally have a holiday coming up last week of February, idk when breaks are in 'murica

mikey

I think that'd be a good time to start it for me anyway
unmotivated

Bloop

So I'm thinking about starting this somewhere between February 21st to 28th. I'll make the contest go on 2 weeks longer than other contests, as they all have been about a month but there were contestants not being able to get their piece finished in time. So the deadline would be the start of April. We'll have more entries and it'd be more fun, I think.
Most spring breaks are between February 21st to April 4th (there are a couple which are in April), so I think this would be a nice starting time.
Current most liked idea is "Make a boss theme out of a song".

Is the time optimal for people who want to participate? Any other ideas which will change people's minds? I like the idea of a themed entry (like this).

mikey

doesn't matter how long you have, people will still procrastinate :P
I'd say getting as many people as possible to sign up would lead to the best turnout because some would inevitably just not have time no matter what
unmotivated

Clanker37

I've only just started school, so my holidays start in early April. It's my last year, so I really should be concentrating on it (in saying that, I did achieve a few hours of procrastination to day). However, I'm an outlier, so please don't extend it on my account. I think I would sign up if I anyway and see whether I have time to do it, always holding the option of being on of those who drop out. The theme and my ideas will determine this, and I think "bossification" would likely end up with some sort of entry.

Bloop

I guess we'll see if the time makes a difference between the amount of entries.

MaestroUGC

Personally I think that people will be more prone to procrastination by giving them more time to work. Though I've never had an issue with these deadlines so I suppose what the people want is what the people should have.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bloop

Maybe true, but I'm still curious :p

I'm thinking about starting sign ups this sunday/monday and start at monday 23rd. Is everyone alright with this?

Maelstrom

Sounds good. I'll probably join this time around.

mikey

it depends on how much schoolwork I'll be able to get done this weekend.
unmotivated

Bloop