Arrangement Contest No. 6 - Brainstorming

Started by MaestroUGC, February 03, 2015, 08:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

You guys know the drill.

Ideas, time frame, etc.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

unmotivated

Bloop

I'm thinking about maybe hosting this, but if I don't have lots of knowledge of the theme (like the fugue-idea from last contest's ideas), I'll probably just judge.
Maybe we could do something with making a song give a certain emotion? Like make anything sad (except sad songs (laments and stuff)), angry (except angry songs (probably boss battles)) etc.

it's just an idea somebody'll have something better probably

Sebastian

I think we should write our own song. A video game song with themes.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: mariolegofan on February 03, 2015, 09:39:06 AMI think we should write our own song. A video game song with themes.
That's not arranging, then.

Sebastian

We could write a video game type of song based of a certain game and then arrange so many different variations of it.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: mariolegofan on February 03, 2015, 09:41:51 AMWe could write a video game type of song based of a certain game and then arrange so many different variations of it.
That's still not arranging.

The point of this contest is to take already written and familiar themes and work them into a new style or form.

Sebastian

Maelstrom

How about a combination of themes into a single piece?

idk how this would turn out....

edit: not very clear. I mean a sort of mash-up of songs from different games, and not as isolated parts.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 03, 2015, 09:46:59 AMHow about a combination of themes into a single piece?

idk how this would turn out....

edit: not very clear. I mean a sort of mash-up of songs from different games, and not as isolated parts.
I like this one, but I'm not sure how to go about setting parameters and judging it.

Olimar12345

Maestro, we don't have to keep creating topics for this. We have one general topic that is perfectly fine for this type of discussion.

Ideas:
-everyone uses the same tune and arranges it differently
-lock the ensemble we arrange for
-revisit the mood-inverse
-something with themed entries(like what bloop said with boss themes)

Bloop, you should totally try hosting! The trick to doing it right is reading the previous contests and literally just doing what they did (with the exception of the last one, that is xD  )
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

mikey

OH HEY
WHAT IF
WE TOOK A PIECE AND turned it INTO a boss theme
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 03, 2015, 10:17:24 AMOH HEY
WHAT IF
WE TOOK A PIECE AND turned it INTO a boss theme
I LOVE THIS IDEA!
This is what Grant Kirkhope did in the Banjo Games.
He took the level backround theme in Tooie and changed it for a boss.

Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK1SG6TYfm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92WyxaY_Q28