Code_Name_Geek's Arrangements (NEW: Zoo Tycoon)

Started by Code_Name_Geek, March 11, 2019, 08:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Code_Name_Geek

Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special - Opening
[MUSX] [MUS] [PDF] [MIDI]

This is an extremely cool song from an extremely obscure game. The Last Bible series is one of the many spin-offs of the larger Megami Tensei series, but other than the first game (localized as Revelations: The Demon Slayer) they haven't been released outside of Japan. I don't know much about this particular game myself, but apparently it's set during biblical times which isn't something you see often. The soundtrack is quite unique and this song in particular gets a lot out of the Game Gear's three channels, so it's taken some editing to get anything remotely playable on piano (no thanks to the blistering tempo). There are two possible composers for this OST, with one credited for "Theme Music" and one for "Sound" - I'm not sure who did what or if they worked together so I've put them both. There is also a really cool intro video (warning for a lot of flashing lights and colours) that goes along with the track.

Code_Name_Geek

Legend of the Mystical Ninja - Rendevous With That Girl

Another from Legend of the Mystical Ninja! This one stuck out to me while going through the soundtrack in order to find the title of my previous arrangement. The intro sounds heavily salsa-inspired, and the bassline in the B section is also very typical of that style of music. The B section melody, however, keeps the pentatonic sound and harmony that seems to be prevalent in the rest of the game's soundtrack. Very neat fusion of styles here!

Code_Name_Geek

AI: The Somnium Files - Awakening Interval

I played this game over the summer and really liked it, and this track stuck out to me in particular. A neat detail I noticed about this game's soundtrack is that most of the tracks that aren't named after story chapters or Somnium puzzles have a two-word title starting with the letters A and I, which ties back into the game's title as well as some of its themes. I took some arranging liberties with regards to octaves in this one, taking almost the entire right hand up an octave to distinguish it more from the left hand.

Code_Name_Geek

Zoo Tycoon - Title Theme

First arrangement of 2024! I used to play this game all the time as a kid, and had to re-install the game from disc often enough that this theme is burned into my mind (since it also plays during the entire lengthy installation process). It's a surprisingly short loop that feels kind of abrupt, but I double-checked with a playthrough of the game and that's just how the track is.