News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Tobbeh99's Arrangements (NEW: Yoshi's Story - Baby Bowser's Lullaby)

Started by Tobbeh99, February 06, 2015, 08:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Finished Two Quest of the Triforce (Intro) from Zelda Oracles!
Wow took a while but I think the result is great. I added the title screen song right after it because it fit and that's how it is in the game.

There are a couple of things I'm not certain of in the song:
-Whether measure 1-7 goes in 4/4 or 2/2.
-Whether measure 9-11 goes in 4/4 or 5/4+3/4+4/4
-If measure 42-46 is to simple done

Please let me know your opinion if you want to share it! :)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

Finished Knowledge of the Maku Trees.. What an annoying song, so short but so messy, and doesn't ether sound THAT good. Anyways since I'm doing all the remaining Oracles songs, I had to do it. Just a few song left! Yay :)
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

Ok, finished The Pirates' Game. Took a while since I've been busy with the URL project and studies. It also took some time considering that I Jazzed it up a bit which I think enhances the arrangement greatly. However I'm not the best at jazz/blues but I did my best, so feel free to post any ideas of chords and stuff I might change in the arrangement.

On the other hand, only ONE more Zelda: Oracles song left! After "Credits and Staff Roll" I've "Completed the games"!

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

Ok, finished a couple of Final Fantasy themes. FFIV main theme is also in process, and I might do more Final Fantasy, I have some songs on my to-do-list.

I don't know about the repeat in FFII Main Theme, if it's correct. Since it repeats to the pickup measure, I might edit that if it's incorrect, one thing I've noticed was that the playback is a bit weird at that point.

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

Finally finished Simple Song from Rise of Nations. Really simple song to arrange(ironic), I thought it was going to be easy but annoying harp chords took a lot of time to figure out, and I'm not entirely sure that they are correct.
I was thinking ocatavating the LH on ocatave down, but I decided not to, and instead stick to the original song as much as possible by keeping it as it is.
I also might need to edit the second part (in E-major)a bit, because the fact is that the bass notes are actually on beat, but since that would be impossible to play, I made them a 8th late, letting the left hand pick them up. However I might need to use rest instead of ties, so it dosn't look like the note is to be sustained to the next beat interfering with the new chord. I also might want to make some pedal notation in the beginning of the second part to clarify. I'll see if do that. 

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

Just updated the sheets on port town. I don't know how to do the repeats, if there's a better way then to have the text there(In worst case I might need to use 2 pages, but I want to keep it on 1 page to save pages). I don't know either if "più ped." is a thing but I think people understand what I mean.

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

Finished "Splatoon - E3 2014 Announcement trailer", a request by SilverSparx. Kind of crazy arrangement, but still very fun, and sounds OK on piano! :)

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

TA-Da! I've now completed the games! By that I mean arranged every remaining Zelda Oracles of Seasons/Ages song! There might still be some work left to do on some, and I maybe going to do some replacements on some, but I announce the project to be completed.

Other thoughts: so weird titles: "Credits & Staff Roll" and "Ending Theme 1 - Din & Nayru rescued", the credits theme doesn't play during the credits and the ending theme doesn't play when you've saved Din & Nayru. More like the opposite, the credits theme plays when you've saved Din & Nayru, and the ending theme plays during the credits. WTF??

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 28, 2015, 03:02:16 PMEvil Spreads: hmm yeah, I need to look over this, the bass sounds quite messy. 
Fixed Evil Spreads.

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Wow. Pretty impressive. You've arranged more than most arrangers here in just 4 months, including an entire soundtrack.
Keep it up!

DonValentino

Very well done! Now all that's left is cleaning up and correcting some of them. And I agree with Mael, you got some serious arranging skills! You made a lot of arrangements in such a short time! However, my tip would be to focus a little bit more on quality rather than quantity. I'm not saying yours have bad quality or anything like that, in fact, they are very good overall, just that some things like that rhythmic issue in "Rolling Ridge" or the inaccurate bass in "Evil Spreads Across the Land" may not have happened if you had spent just a little more time revising each arrangement. :J

Tobbeh99

Quote from: DonValentino on June 09, 2015, 01:26:05 PMVery well done! Now all that's left is cleaning up and correcting some of them. And I agree with Mael, you got some serious arranging skills! You made a lot of arrangements in such a short time! However, my tip would be to focus a little bit more on quality rather than quantity. I'm not saying yours have bad quality or anything like that, in fact, they are very good overall, just that some things like that rhythmic issue in "Rolling Ridge" or the inaccurate bass in "Evil Spreads Across the Land" may not have happened if you had spent just a little more time revising each arrangement. :J

Thank you for your appreciation! The thing with Goron mountain was just that the rhythm confused me a bit, and Evil Spreads, I guess I didn't listen and compared enough to see that flaw with the bass. But I become better for each day I arrange, so hopefully those errors won't happen again. I'm also constantly updating my sheets so if I spot some error I'll edit it. For example: I've edited some of my old wild arms sheets "behind the scenes" to keep them fresh, since I've grown better as an arranger by the time.

Quote from: DonValentino on June 09, 2015, 01:26:05 PMmy tip would be to focus a little bit more on quality rather than quantity.

Y, I will probably focus more on qualitative rather than quantitative and more "take on song at a time", and maybe also longer songs.

10/10 tobbeh

DonValentino

Very well done then, that's the spirit! Keep up the good work!

Tobbeh99

Added my contributions to the "Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow Fixing sheet Project" to my thread.

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

Done with the pokémon R/B/Y Victory themes. The pokémon R/B/Y project should soon be finished, almost all songs are arranged. We only need updaters to check.

10/10 tobbeh