News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Let's get this sorted

Started by Jamaha, February 10, 2015, 12:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 13, 2015, 12:52:55 PMYou're not supposed to use "The" when alphabetizing though
it's common knowledge
since all the titles start with The it shouldn't make any difference.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

Legend of Zelda is the last main title on the list when it should be between Kirby and Mega Man.

And while every title does start with "The Legend of Zelda" (with the exception of Tingle, CDI zelda, and Zelda II), some subtitles also contain "The", such as Minish Cap and Wind Waker, and ALBW/ALTTP both use "A" for their alphabetization.  It's not a big deal for me now that they're chrono, but it still ought to be fixed for propriety.  The Minish Cap and The Wind Waker both come right before Twilight Princess when Wind Waker should be after it and Minish Cap should be after Majora's Mask.  ALBW/LTTP should both be before link's awakening.
unmotivated

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 11, 2015, 08:23:25 AMNot for me.
Just an update on this. So I finally worked out what the problem is (ugh it's messy). Now we've just gotta work out how to fix it.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on February 13, 2015, 04:29:50 PMJust an update on this. So I finally worked out what the problem is (ugh it's messy). Now we've just gotta work out how to fix it.
Awesome. Can't wait!

The Deku Trombonist

After many, many hours and much blood, sweat and tears, it's all fixed.

Maelstrom

Winter

So I'd like people to respond to this post so I can get some opinions on this.

The new sorting system is great but in my opinion it is counter-intuitive, here's why:

The logic right now is that when you click the up arrow for chronologicall, it means ascending and that's why you see them in order of oldest to newest.

My logic is that when I click an up arrow, the games should be sorted from oldest to newest in the direction the arrow points

So if I click the up arrow in TLoZ, I naturally expect ALBW to be at the top!

likewise, if you go to the Other section (more entries beginning with varying letters) and click the alphabetical down arrow, you'd expect to see A, B, C, D, etc... because The alphabet will go from A>Z following the direction of the arrow, however Xenoblade will pop up as the first entry.

I want your opinions, did it take you a while to get used to? Personally I tried to give it a chance and I still can't get the current logic to become muscle memory, as I click the wrong button every time.

Do you think the sorting arrows should be swapped?

mikey

it made sense to me

then again I like inverting y-axes so who knows
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Moments like this make me love the fact that I'm on a forum where people's voices are heard!
what is shitpost

braix

hm...
hmmmmm...
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Quote from: Bankai4life on March 08, 2015, 12:38:35 PMHave you ever wanted to buy items on amazon for as much as 75% off? Well thats where I come in. For any item you purchase (MUST BE FULFILLED BY AMAZON), you can get it for much cheaper, legally. I can not give specific details on how to do this but trust me, this 100% works. The item(s) must be in the range of $70-$1000 for this to be applied to. If you have questions about this PM me on skype at ryanmccurdy7, and fill out this form
Account name:
Email address:
Billing address:
Order number:
Phone number (optional):
Shipping address:
Order total ($):
Item name(s):
Date of arrival?:
You must make the purchase, wait for it to be shipped to you, send me the filled out form and money will be applied to your account between 1-4 days.
LETS GO!

"Money will be applied to your account"
unmotivated

Latios212

This is the most sus thing I've read in months.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

AwesomeYears