News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Guitar and/ Violin sheet music.

Started by Sebastian, February 12, 2015, 12:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

I know we've talked about this before. I was wondering what everyone else thinks. As you know, we have/had a lot of visitors asking about guitar sheet music/tabs or violin sheet music over the years.
I would like to do some violin sheet music, but obviously they won't get accepted. So, I have some questions: (I'd like to here what the Updaters and Mods think about this.)
1. Could we host some Guitar and/or Violin sheet music on the site? We've been doing a lot of updates to the site and adding a section that is primarily violin or guitar shouldn't be that tough.

2. If not, would anyone be interested in helping start a site like that?

Xaoz

I think the community is growing and at some point, I am pretty sure more people will request all this stuff. If you are the only one though, that would put up Violin-sheets at the moment, I don't think there would be enough content to justify a new sub-category for this. Would need some little forum and main-page redesign... Not sure if it is worth the effort...

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

AwesomeYears

I really like it to be just piano music, having another instrument will make things harder and if there is a song that I like, I would be dissapointed if it was only for guitar

Maelstrom

K-NiGhT

Yeah this question has been asked many times in the past few years, and the answer has always been no. NSM has been and always will be about piano music.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Sebastian

I see.....hmmmm.....
Well, now I know where a lot of you guys stand :)

King Sammer

Quote from: mariolegofan on February 12, 2015, 01:54:18 PMI see.....hmmmm.....
Well, now I know where a lot of you guys stand :)
Look- I can play Sammre Kingdom on the violin. Want to hear a recording of it?
Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

Magic Mole

As a violin player myself, I like the idea. I just don't think it would really be necessary, though. I've been using this site's piano sheet music as violin sheet music for quite a while and it gets the job done just fine. :D
But if anybody did end up making a separate website for guitar/violin/other stuff, I'd definitely support it. :P
If there are people on the site that want to do things like this, though, it would be pretty cool if somebody started a thread for posting things like that. :o

p.s. I'm not a mod

mikey

Nobody would get mad at you if you did do other instrument stuff though.  It just wouldn't go on the main site
unmotivated