Secret Valentine 2015!

Started by Ruto, February 14, 2015, 01:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

I recall doing this before but I guess that we all need LOEV more this year than anything else! We need one day to not feel like killing each other!

Here's how it works: A bunch of people sign up and I use a random number generator to tell you who to send a Valentine to. That result will be pm'd to everyone participating. NO COMPLAINING ABOUT WHO YOU GET. Then you make a card and post it here on the date that everyone is expecting them. Or you can send them to me and I'll post it for you. While you can send as many as you like, you have to send one to the person determined by the random number generator. If you send anything mean, I'll get your post deleted and your Valentine sent to someone else. Images/gifs should be hosted on something like imgur and using the proper BB code. Please personalize your Valentine and not just google a finished one to send, which would be rude to whoever actually worked to make a card.

Participants so far:

1) Concerto
2) FSM
3) Saria
4) Ruto
5) DrP
6) Thatgamer Nah
7) [Name pm'd to me---waiting for permission to reveal his identity]
8 ) Yugi
9) Nocturne
10) [Name pm'd to me]
11) Dude
12) Jamaha, the coolest kid here
13) Bubbles

Sample:

I know today's Valentine's day, but the due date for the Valentine is next Thursday (2/19) and sign ups end on Sunday 11:59 PM EST (2/15) (Concerto's idea). But if people really, really want I can make it sooner. Everyone should have the chance to see this and sign up, after all.

Remember to PM your nice pictures to Deku, who's going to post all of them up for anonymity. Of course, you can just post it on the thread at 2/25 but then people like surprises!

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Yugi

Ruto

mikey

sure, I'll gif someone a valentine
unmotivated

Dude

Jamaha

Bubbles

Idk whether to sign up via pm or what, but I'm in :D Shouldn't we deliver them all through a common person to keep it secret?

Ruto

Quote from: Bubbles on February 14, 2015, 02:15:58 PMIdk whether to sign up via pm or what, but I'm in :D Shouldn't we deliver them all through a common person to keep it secret?

That was what we did last time. But I think I can just screencap the results and blur out everything else and send the pic as proof. Or just pm every single person and tell them who to send theirs to (more likely option).

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Ruto on February 14, 2015, 02:33:20 PMThat was what we did last time.
If you do end up wanting to do this, I'm happy to be cupid.

ThatGamer

I don't understand...are we making real Valentines cards and sending them through the mail?
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

King Sammer

Quote from: ThatGamer on February 14, 2015, 04:02:00 PMI don't understand...are we making real Valentines cards and sending them through the mail?
No, SMARTY.
Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

Sebastian

:(
I was so looking forward to this, but I'm afraid you're gonna have to take my name off :(
1. Imgur doesn't work for me.
2. I am going on a trip Tuesday (out of Internet range) and won't be back 'till Sunday.

Sorry!

Ruto

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on February 14, 2015, 02:45:07 PMIf you do end up wanting to do this, I'm happy to be cupid.

I already gave that RNG job to someone D: well you can still be in charge of delivery if you're good at keeping secrets, especially mine XD

Quote from: mariolegofan on February 14, 2015, 04:19:21 PM:(
I was so looking forward to this, but I'm afraid you're gonna have to take my name off :(
1. Imgur doesn't work for me.
2. I am going on a trip Tuesday (out of Internet range) and won't be back 'till Sunday.

Sorry!

There are lots of image hosting sites and you can always get yours up early. Maybe I should close sign ups sooner...

Sebastian

Quote from: Ruto on February 14, 2015, 04:23:30 PMThere are lots of image hosting sites and you can always get yours up early. Maybe I should close sign ups sooner...
Ok!
What program should I use to make one of these cards?

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"