News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Arrangement Contest No. 6 in G# Phrygian "Bossification"

Started by Bloop, February 15, 2015, 01:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who won? Who's next? You decide! Epic Arrangement Contest of Historyyyyyy...

Storm Eagle - by them
1 (5.6%)
Sextus Templum - by FierceDeity
3 (16.7%)
For a Dream - by Echo
0 (0%)
Fugitives Last Stand - by Bespinben
14 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: April 23, 2015, 04:33:12 AM

Bespinben

Bah! I planned my entire week for the sole purpose of having this churned out by tomorrow-- NOW you tell me you'll extend it?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Meh, I'll just pretend the deadline is still tomorrow anyway. Maybe I'll get extra brownie points too... *chinstroke*
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bloop

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

You'll have more time to look over it though :D?

FierceDeity

I'll have it in tonight, sorry it wasn't sooner, my internet access in Italy has been less than ideal (using data right now, but should have wifi accessible outside on my laptop)

EDIT: there, submitted. It's freezing cold out here and there's a stray dog and it's sketch as fuck and it took about 30 minutes to upload so I hope you're happy lol

I'd heavily advise listening to the soundcloud/sound file and just using the MUS for the score, because I didn't have time to edit the hidden values of the final dynamics

mikey

WOW YOU'RE IN ITALY
OK SURE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE INTERNET
unmotivated

FierceDeity

More complaining about the super sketchy/unstable stray dog and the fact that I had to be outside when it's cold as balls to even use the internet haha

Bespinben

That feeling when you know you're almost done but something is nagging at you that there's still something left to do...

Bespinben

So is the due date really pushed back? A few extra days might be nice for the sound processing/audio mastering, but I wouldn't have qualms sending the MUS now, if truly needed.

Bloop

Bespinben

This extra week to tweak my arrangement was manna from heaven. Thanks Bloop. Sorry for flipping my table at you.

Bloop

It's alright, I put the table back :p
I won't be able to make time for thid until sunday, so if people still want to send in their entries, go ahead!

Bloop

it's already halfway sunday now but

ENTRIES CLOSED!

I will be posting the entries somewhere soon. Results will be somewhere next week because I have to work three evenings and I have no idea how much time I've got left.

AwesomeYears

Ooh! Can't wait for them so I can post them on Reddit...

No, really, I love remixes!

Bloop

"Storm Eagle" – Megaman X
by them

for electric guitar, electric bass, flute, 2 violins, viola and harpsichord
[MUS] [PDF (Converted)] [MP3 (Original)] Youtube

"Sextus Templum" – The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
by FierceDeity

for a part of an orchestra
[MUS] [PDF (Converted)] [AIFF (Original)] Soundcloud

"For a Dream" – Fire Emblem
by Echo

for horn in F, 2 trumpets in Bb, drum set, piano and 2 violins
[MUS] [PDF (Converted)] [MP3 (Original)]

"Fugitives Last Stand" – Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team
by Bespinben

for rock band and violin
[MUS] [PDF (Original)] [MID (Original)] [MP3 (Original)]

Vote for your favorite! You have until Wednesday. One vote per user, and you're able to change votes. I'll have the results by Monday 27th at the least, but I'll try my best to get them on earlier!

FierceDeity

HOLY HELL. While I wish we'd had more turnout, we're certainly not lacking in quality here. Like, damn.

Them, I loved your use of the harpsichord. You wrote really well for its own character, and that blended and contrasted beautifully with the electric elements.

Echo, your use of the drum set under otherwise traditional instrumentation was really nice, as well. I also liked how you took the challenge of writing a literal boss theme, potentially repeating endlessly.

Bespinben, DAMN. I honestly hadn't listened to any of your stuff before this, but I think I'd better start. As with the other arrangements, I love the instrumentation; it seems I'm the only one not incorporating some element of rock, haha. This piece just has such a high level of polish; the piano lines, in particular, stood out as really professionally done.

Again, really nice job, everyone. Also bloop, good call on the PDFs, haha. Though you may want to leave a little more time for voting; I think we had a week last time, no?
EDIT: Also maybe update the OP with them, it'd make it clearer for people just encountering the thread

Sebastian

Holy crud.....Fierce, yours is beautiful!  ;D
And everyone else too. :)