News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Arrangement Contest No. 6 in G# Phrygian "Bossification"

Started by Bloop, February 15, 2015, 01:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who won? Who's next? You decide! Epic Arrangement Contest of Historyyyyyy...

Storm Eagle - by them
1 (5.6%)
Sextus Templum - by FierceDeity
3 (16.7%)
For a Dream - by Echo
0 (0%)
Fugitives Last Stand - by Bespinben
14 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: April 23, 2015, 04:33:12 AM

SlowPokemon

Man I'd love to sign up but last time I found that I didn't have time to finish an arrangement. Sign me up as a judge, I guess.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bloop

You do have about two weeks more time than last time, though. Also @maestro I'll probably take an average of the points of the other judges, anyway. And it's indeed just for fun :p
Gonna add the new judges and stuff!

EDIT: @waddle We're not in need of a judge, but if you want to, I'll add you to the list ^^

MaestroUGC

Well I mean it's all futile as I'm going to win anyway.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Bloop on February 16, 2015, 11:31:25 AMEDIT: @waddle We're not in need of a judge, but if you want to, I'll add you to the list ^^
Nah it's all cool! if you need me some other time just hit me up.

JDMEK5

I understand your points as my being a judge as well as an entrant but yeah, I'll try to judge mine fairly. Unless we have a different system for that.

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on February 16, 2015, 05:20:32 AMJust a thought, probably for a future contest: What if instead of having judges, all the participants judged each others entries (not their own)?
Quote from: Waddle Bro on February 16, 2015, 06:23:04 AMThat system would also have the chance of corruption, as some judges could give other entries less points on purpose or subconsciously to boost the win chances for their own entries.
What if every arranger was anonymous till after the judging is done?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

MaestroUGC

That's how it was done before, but lately we just forewent the anonymity because we felt like it.

Yugi

also if the judge/player ratio is too close when it starts I can play

Bloop

Quote from: Yugi on February 16, 2015, 08:30:41 PMalso if the judge/player ratio is too close when it starts I can play
Judge AND participate or only participate?

also
Quote from: JDMEK5 on February 16, 2015, 07:33:01 PMI understand your points as my being a judge as well as an entrant but yeah, I'll try to judge mine fairly. Unless we have a different system for that.
As I was planning to take an average of all the judges, I thought of these two possibilities:
1. You just don't judge your own piece, or;
2. If there are gonna be more judges that are gonna participate too, I (or someone who wants to do so voluntarily) can judge those people and not everyone else, to have an equal amount of judges for every piece

Clanker37

Or we do it as they do in the Olympics and remove the highest and lowest scores from each judge from each contestant.

Bloop

Bespinben

A certain sheet I wrote several months too late for the 1st arranging contest might actually prove useful for this with some adaptation....

Count me in.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bloop

Alright, added you two! Don't forget to choose a song, everyone!

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Bespinben on February 17, 2015, 11:55:54 AMA certain sheet I wrote several months too late for the 1st arranging contest might actually prove useful for this with some adaptation....
Well that's not very sporting...

CLBGM

Quote from: Bloop on February 17, 2015, 12:07:19 PMAlright, added you two! Don't forget to choose a song, everyone!

I'll pm you my song the last day (Feb. 27th - 28th).