Need a music layout/edit that your Finale product can't handle? Ask here!

Started by ZeldaFan, June 02, 2008, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taser9090

Yeah, that looks much better. I was worried that I would have to ask again to get it fixed, so thanks again!

Edit:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/141393901/A.%20Crossing.mus
I don't mean to be a bother again, but could someone move the treble clef up an octave on measure 16 onward?

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

JDMEK5

Here you go.

-Fixed your clef issue.
-Fixed major rhythm grouping issues.
-Fixed dotted quarter rest in measures 4 and 8. Dotted rests should only be used in compound time.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Yugi

Part of the greatest final boss theme in history.

Could someone please
  • Make the repeat work?
  • Make the tempo changes happen in the bar in which they appear?
  • Put in some C+C?
Thanks in advance.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Taser9090

Quote from: JDMEK5 on February 08, 2013, 02:37:01 PMHere you go.

-Fixed your clef issue.
-Fixed major rhythm grouping issues.
-Fixed dotted quarter rest in measures 4 and 8. Dotted rests should only be used in compound time.
Thanks JDMEK. I'm not sure how the notation works for dotted notes and tied notes at all.

Also, I'm not sure what the glissando looks also. The one on my sheet looks strange.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

JDMEK5

Quote from: Taser9090 on February 19, 2013, 03:20:12 PMAlso, I'm not sure what the glissando looks also. The one on my sheet looks strange.
It must have been fine otherwise I would've fixed it.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Yugi

I need a sheet template that's in 4/4, with

• 2/4 in bar 5, then change back to 4/4
  • Bars 14-16 in 6/4
  • Bars 17-18 in 3/4 and Bar 19 in 2/4, then change back to 4/4 in bar 20.

Tempo is 70 bpm, and have it change to140 bpm in bar 6.

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Olimar12345

Odd request, I know, but could someone export a pdf file of this for me? Finale keeps crashing when I try to.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zunawe

Link
I wasn't able to print it, it crashed for me too, so I had to actually use the export function. Unfortunately, the tempo marking got messed up, but maybe this can do for now. There must be something in the file itself preventing printing.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Olimar12345

Maelstrom

So, I am pretty sure I will need it in A minor and 8/8 for the first 11 measures, then transpose to C minor and 15/8 for 4 measures (if possible, a line down the middle after the 7th beat) and then transpose back to A minor for the remaining measures (5) then there is a repeat that goes back to the beginning of the second measure. If there is a time signature setup that would make more sense, please put it in. Here is the original

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

Maelstrom

But if it is 4/4, then, according to theory, it would have to switch between 3/4 and 4/4 ever measure of the 15/8 instead of being 15/8?

JDMEK5

I'd say it depends on the song. An idea to consider might be to have it in 15/8 with a dashed barline on what would be your changing 4/4 to 3/4 stuff to help with timing it.

If that answer seemed way off, it may have been cuz I was a little fuzzy about the question. Not 100% I understood it.

My Arrangements