Need a music layout/edit that your Finale product can't handle? Ask here!

Started by ZeldaFan, June 02, 2008, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daj

Ahh, you pamper me with choice <3

I'll take some time to deliberate over the first stave, but other than that it looks great! Thank you very much once again~

PetrifiedLasagna

Hello peoples!

I have a sheet, "Friend or Foe" from Bomberman 64, that needs some edits. Its mostly clef changes, but there are a couple of other things as well.

- Clef changes for the left hand. There are a lot to list here (8+), so I put text blocks below the bottom stave to indicate these changes
- tempo marking with "Seemingly harmless", 176 bpm
- G major
- double barlines at the end of m32

mus

Also, I am not sure if there is a key change at m33. If it is A flat major, or C major, or if there is even a change :P
I can remove all of the extra text blocks, and Feel free to bring the ruler down on me for incorrect keys (still trying to make sense of it all).

EDIT:
At m25, I wrote "Hands Swap" and am wondering if there is a better(standardized) way of notating that the hands swap roles.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'm on it.
Btw, no text is needed for the hand swap. Pianists will figure it out :)
I also brought the second page down a little, since it was clashing with the page number a bit.
There were a couple spots with bass and treble clefs in the same measure; I fixed this by keeping the last bit in the bass with an 8va sign.
Here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/76azjseozdsx7ex/Bomberman%2064%20-%20Friend%20or%20Foe.mus?dl=0
what is shitpost

PetrifiedLasagna

Thanks for that... Pianist, Sootopolis, PDS... okay not sure which to use, but still very much appreciated.  ;D

man now every time I see that grin icon, I think of bomberman if he had a mouth!

WaluigiTime64

This one might take some work. MUS

Main things to fix:
 - Generic Formatting (text, etc.)
 - Space out the measures (vertically)
 - Make the Pedal Markings work (also make the first one have a "Ped." message)
 - Put the accents onto the proper end of the notes
 - The note in the right hand in Measure 39 should be trilled.

Copyright Info:

Team Shanghai Alice, Twilight Frontier © 2008

Much appreciated!
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Onionleaf

Has this been done for you yet? Here's an updated MUS file for you.

I made a couple of other adjustments that I hope you won't mind. I added some repeats with alternate endings in the middle section, as I noticed there were about 8 bars that were the same. This saves a line, but if you prefer the previous version, I still have that one saved so let me know if you'd like that one instead. Also, the pedal markings are hidden, they're there for playback purposes.

It sounds beautiful, by the way! The only point I'd make is that the forte section starting from m. 41 I think would sound even better with some strong chords on the main beats. Once this arrangement is complete though, I'll be sure to print it out. ;)

WaluigiTime64

Thanks for this!

Just a couple of things:
 - M.25 - M.62: The first note(s) in each measure of the bass could overlap each other. I believe this would make it look even neater!
 - M.42: I don't know how this happened, but the bass should be identical to M.46, not M.41.
 - M.63: I'm pretty sure the clef change comes in here, not the following measure.

Also could you send both (with/without repeats) files? Thanks!
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Onionleaf

Ugh, I'm sorry, that must have happened due to my copying & pasting measures everywhere. Thanks for noticing the differences.

Here are the two files for you: #1 & #2

It's after midnight here so please don't be surprised if I missed something. ^^" If you need any more changes, I'll get to them once I come back home tomorrow afternoon.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 16, 2016, 05:44:55 AMUgh, I'm sorry, that must have happened due to my copying & pasting measures everywhere. Thanks for noticing the differences.
That's okay. I'm really patient with this sort of stuff.

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 16, 2016, 05:44:55 AMIt's after midnight here so please don't be surprised if I missed something. ^^"
Yeah, I know the sorts of stuff you can do wrong when you're tired.

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 16, 2016, 05:44:55 AMIf you need any more changes, I'll get to them once I come back home tomorrow afternoon.
Not that much:
File #1:
 - M.57 - M.67: The notes in the bass aren't overlapping like all of the other ones.

Both Files:
 - M.40: The overlap is a bit wonky.
 - Whole Bassline: You should probably check all of the notes for the wonkyness. There are several slightly incorrect overlaps, but Measure 40 had to be mentioned specifically, because it was the most off.

I'm posting this at 5 in the morning, so I might have missed something.

Onionleaf

Ah jeez, you're right, I should've zoomed in further when aligning those notes. Some of them made me cringe >.<

The links should be updated now. Hopefully I fixed everything!

WaluigiTime64

I was just about to post something like: "My brain refuses to let me pester you any further, especially for something as small as this, so thanks!"

But... There was something that completely flew over my head. Page Numbers.

Also some of the overlaps are still a bit off, but I don't care too much about those at this point.

That should be everything. Sorry for the inconvenience.

JDMEK5

Here you go:
#1 and #2

I also gave you an indent for the beginning of each first system as well as the title on the top of every subsequent page.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Onionleaf

o.O Thanks for taking into consideration my about-to-be-lost sanity, haha. You guys rock!

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 19, 2016, 11:58:00 PMo.O Thanks for taking into consideration my about-to-be-lost sanity, haha. You guys rock!
No problem! I never want to pester or irritate people, and I always worry that I do.

Also thanks JDMEK5!

WaluigiTime64

Back here again.

MUS

Edits:
 - Standard fixes (Text, etc.)
 - Systems should be put in the correct places
 - Add a working 16th Swing
 - During the chorus, the stems on the octaves (in the right hand) should be DOWNWARD (except if it collides with the left hand, of course)
 - The first three notes in Measure 6 should have the stems downwards as well

Copyright Info:

Capcom © 1989

Thanks!