Need a music layout/edit that your Finale product can't handle? Ask here!

Started by ZeldaFan, June 02, 2008, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octolad

Quote from: Latios212 on October 07, 2019, 04:57:16 PMI think it should be selectable in Notepad
I must've completely skipped over that articulation when I first tried to find it in Notepad a while back, because I found it two seconds after I read that.

Thanks for notifying me of that, and another thanks for helping to make the final revisions!

Latios212

Quote from: octolad on October 07, 2019, 06:15:32 PMThanks for notifying me of that, and another thanks for helping to make the final revisions!
Haha no problem! Though not the final revision, there's musical feedback to give too ;)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

octolad

Could someone add the measure numbers to this? https://www.dropbox.com/s/72id3as8gog3if2/Only%20Me%20%28Aircheck%29.mus?dl=0

(I fixed the footer problem)

Let me know if I need to fix/add anything. Thanks!

Radiak488417

Could someone please add a working swing command to this? Thanks! https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vec40rp4gzg8in/Main%20Plaza%20%28Night%29.mus?dl=0

LeviR.star

I think you linked the preview instead of the shareable hyperlink. Could you try again? We can't see/download it otherwise.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Radiak488417

NineLives

Hello! I have an arrangement that I need help adding a few things in. This includes the pedal markings to match the ones shown on the PDF near the end as well as the subtitle and page number on the second page. I also need help on making the tempo markings during the ritardando and at the tempo primo invisible. I'd like to keep the first 136 and the 115 though. I think that should be all. Here are the files:

PDF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4oi5sqfauep4a5w/Leisure%20Suit%20Larry%202%20-%20Kalalau%27s%20Love%20Song.pdf?dl=0
MUS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzhuxadl5nj3zk4/Leisure%20Suit%20Larry%202%20-%20Kalalau%27s%20Love%20Song.mus?dl=0

Thank you!

Zeila

Quote from: octolad on October 10, 2019, 08:42:17 PMCould someone add the measure numbers to this? https://www.dropbox.com/s/72id3as8gog3if2/Only%20Me%20%28Aircheck%29.mus?dl=0

(I fixed the footer problem)

Let me know if I need to fix/add anything. Thanks!
I also fixed other formatting issues such as the copyright text size, the margins, and the note beaming as there were some measures where you had notes extending past the 2nd beat (or 4th eighth note) even excluding the left hand. I noticed you didn't include any dynamics so I just put a mf at the beginning. I almost mistook this for the siivagunner kakariko mashup, but the notes sound find to me

Idk if it's worth it but if you would like to include it, I also added some snaps to the RH in measures 1-4 and 21-24. Otherwise, you can just get rid of them

Here's the link!

Quote from: NineLives on October 25, 2019, 07:12:40 PMHello! I have an arrangement that I need help adding a few things in. This includes the pedal markings to match the ones shown on the PDF near the end as well as the subtitle and page number on the second page. I also need help on making the tempo markings during the ritardando and at the tempo primo invisible. I'd like to keep the first 136 and the 115 though. I think that should be all. Here are the files:

PDF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4oi5sqfauep4a5w/Leisure%20Suit%20Larry%202%20-%20Kalalau%27s%20Love%20Song.pdf?dl=0
MUS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzhuxadl5nj3zk4/Leisure%20Suit%20Larry%202%20-%20Kalalau%27s%20Love%20Song.mus?dl=0

Thank you!
I realize this is just the music layout topic but a youtube video would be nice since this game is more obscure. It was kind of hard to find it, and I'm only saying this because the way it was formatted seemed like it could be notated better with a different time signature and/or tempo, and hearing the original song helped solidify my opinion. If you look at it more in depth, you can see how there is an emphasis on every 4th beat (new chord at times and the bass moves in that pattern) and 3/4 isn't quite as fitting. This is also has a slower feel to it, so I think quarter = 68 is more appropriate than quarter = 136.

Aside from that, I updated the margins/layout a bit so that it is less cramped and fills out space more, updated a few notes, and made the layers more consistent. Now it's on one page too, so you get to save a page :3

Kalalau mus file

NineLives

Quote from: Zeila on October 26, 2019, 11:36:31 AMI realize this is just the music layout topic but a youtube video would be nice since this game is more obscure. It was kind of hard to find it, and I'm only saying this because the way it was formatted seemed like it could be notated better with a different time signature and/or tempo, and hearing the original song helped solidify my opinion. If you look at it more in depth, you can see how there is an emphasis on every 4th beat (new chord at times and the bass moves in that pattern) and 3/4 isn't quite as fitting. This is also has a slower feel to it, so I think quarter = 68 is more appropriate than quarter = 136.

Aside from that, I updated the margins/layout a bit so that it is less cramped and fills out space more, updated a few notes, and made the layers more consistent. Now it's on one page too, so you get to save a page :3
Thank you very much for the changes, Zeila! I apologize about not providing a source. I'll remember that for next time.

octolad

Quote from: Zeila on October 26, 2019, 11:36:31 AMI also fixed other formatting issues such as the copyright text size, the margins, and the note beaming as there were some measures where you had notes extending past the 2nd beat (or 4th eighth note) even excluding the left hand. I noticed you didn't include any dynamics so I just put a mf at the beginning. I almost mistook this for the siivagunner kakariko mashup, but the notes sound find to me

Idk if it's worth it but if you would like to include it, I also added some snaps to the RH in measures 1-4 and 21-24. Otherwise, you can just get rid of them

Oh shoot, Sorry for such a late response; I somehow didn't see this.

I'll definitely try to avoid those note beaming issues in the future. Thank you so much for everything!

One more thing: I am unable to open the link you sent, because it is a .musx file, and I only have Finale 2012.

Zeila

Quote from: octolad on November 17, 2019, 07:49:46 PMOh shoot, Sorry for such a late response; I somehow didn't see this.

I'll definitely try to avoid those note beaming issues in the future. Thank you so much for everything!

One more thing: I am unable to open the link you sent, because it is a .musx file, and I only have Finale 2012.
Sorry about that! Here's the real mus file

NineLives

Hello! I need some help with formatting on my sheet, mostly measure numbers, text positions and sizes, that sort of thing. I'll be sending the main sheet MUS file and a PDF file of a sheet with the main accompaniment part only in case that's needed. Here's the MUS, PDF, and the audio source. Thank you in advance!