Need a music layout/edit that your Finale product can't handle? Ask here!

Started by ZeldaFan, June 02, 2008, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatoneguy

Guess who's still needy back?
For my next arrangement, I'll need a blank Finale sheet with the following:
  • Time Signature: 4/4
  • Tempo: Quarter note = 84
  • Key Signature: Natural (C Major)
  • Starting Clefs: Bass RH, Bass LH
  • Total Measures: 14
Changes:
  • RH Change: Treble Clef @ m5
  • Time Signature Change: 3/4 starting @ m7

Thank you!

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: thatoneguy on February 06, 2021, 06:35:16 PMGuess who's still needy back?
For my next arrangement, I'll need a blank Finale sheet with the following:
  • Time Signature: 4/4
  • Tempo: Quarter note = 84
  • Key Signature: Natural (C Major)
  • Starting Clefs: Bass RH, Bass LH
  • Total Measures: 14
Changes:
  • RH Change: Treble Clef @ m5
  • Time Signature Change: 3/4 starting @ m7

Thank you!
Here's a mus, hope you're still planning to arrange it lol

thatoneguy

legoenthusiast

Is this the right place to ask if someone can turn my sheets into a .mus file since I don't have Finale?

Maelstrom

legoenthusiast

Can you attach a file with a tag or do you need Dropbox or something like that?

Maelstrom

We generally just use dropbox or google drive. I guess some pomf.se clone like safe.fiery.me to host stuff could also work if you don't want to make something directly linked to your email. It's what I use to host screenshots I upload with ShareX to post on the fourms.

Kricketune54

Hi!  Looking to do a sheet that is four bars with a repeat back to the beginning, 4/4, tempo = 96.  Key of B major (5 sharps).  My main thing is I would like percussion notes in the exact spots as the image.  Intended to be slaps or piano taps

MomoQca

Requesting a file with the following elements.

-Time signature: 4/4
-Tempo: Quarter note=50 Slowly, with rubato
-Key: B major
-Starting clefs: Treble RH, Bass LH
-51 measures total (pickup measure: 1 quarter note)

Key changes:
-m. 18 A major
-m. 30 Eb major
-m. 35 Bb major

RH Clef changes:
-m. 16: Bass clef
-m. 18: Treble clef

LH Clef changes:
-m. 8: Treble clef
-m. 16: Bass clef
-m. 20: Treble clef
-m. 21: Bass clef

Double bar lines:
-m. 18
-m. 30
-m. 35

Latios212

Here you go! (Assumed the pickup was not part of the measure numbering)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

diceLibrarian

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UtcKfpEbuw6ArLqVevAz0H2s8ah_AHKW?usp=sharing

I've also opened up this up for you to place the updated files into. Reason for just the musicxml instead of a .mus: I use Musescore since Finale doesn't support Linux (and other personal reasons)
   -DL
Dead memes are my blood

Zeila

Quote from: Stell on May 31, 2021, 07:07:26 AMhttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UtcKfpEbuw6ArLqVevAz0H2s8ah_AHKW?usp=sharing

I've also opened up this up for you to place the updated files into. Reason for just the musicxml instead of a .mus: I use Musescore since Finale doesn't support Linux (and other personal reasons)
   -DL
When I went to convert files, I noticed a few things that were off about the arrangement itself:

• m1-20 there are a few problems with how you wrote this part:
       - you wrote the tempo as a quarter note, but in cut time it should be written as a half note
       - this part is felt as slower, so 4/4 at half the tempo and note durations would work better; notice how when it's halved, each bass note fits perfectly in one measure instead of two
       - then you can put quarter = 120 at the spot where m21 would be accordingly
  • m9 (before tempo change) the quarter rest should be visible (and lowered to match the position the layer is in). In m8 it's okay if the half rest is hidden because there's context providing that info, but that doesn't exist in m9
  • m11-12 your layering choices and beaming could be a little better as you mixed up some of the voicings with each other. For example, the entire second layer should be the same as the pattern in m3-4, but you wrote out some of the notes in the first layer (i.e. beat 3 of m11, and beat 1/3 of m12). The D on beat 3 of m11 should go in the first layer too. once those are properly rearranged, you could then flip the stems of the first layer so that they all point upwards
  • m13-14 you can get rid of the tie on the Ab of the first layer (and the subsequent note in m14) because the second layer plays that same note afterwards
  • m16 RH beat 3 missing Bb on top; the LH could play the G here
  • m17-20 there are intervals here that are impossible to play with one hand. Fortunately the LH can actually play the lower RH notes. As such, you could either split the stems or use a bracket to separate those notes from the other parts of the chords, or you could write the lower RH notes in the LH staff as a different layer (for now I just split the stems, but if you'd like it to be changed then someone can edit that when there's more feedback
  • m17 beat 3 Ab and G should swap octaves, so the chord from top to bottom should be C-G-C-Ab; this also doesn't last that long and should be shortened
  • m19 low C should be Bb
  • m19/20 missing F in both chords
  • m28 LH beat 3 should be lowered an octave; also I think it would be appropriate to split the beam in the RH between beat 3-4, but that's up to you

Finally, I'm not sure if forte is appropriate for the speed of the song (ik that the soundfont makes it pretty loud though). Maybe you could write mf until the tempo change, and put f there if you wanted to. I didn't do anything about that though

This is what the updated version looks like, so do try to replicate that on MuseScore as best you can!
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

[MUS]

diceLibrarian

Dead memes are my blood

Sapphire

I arranged a song in MuseScore 3, and exported it as a MusicXML file. But when I opened it in Finale Notepad, all the formatting was gone. How can I get around this?