[DELETED] [3DS] Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire - "Battle! Rayquaza" by cashwarrior1

Started by Zeta, March 07, 2015, 09:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Battle! Rayquaza
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: cashwarrior1

cashwarrior1

Bespinben

This is not a bad arrangement! Very thorough dynamics throughout. I look forward to seeing what more you can produce.

Formatting errors aside, there's some important music theory items you should incorporate into your sheet:
*RHYTHM GROUPINGS - You always want to clearly show beat 3. This song has a lot syncopated rhythms. Take measure 4 for example -- you have the right hand rhythms written out as "quarter, eighth, dotted quarter eighth, quarter" when it would make the rhythms much clearer to write "quarter, eighth, EIGHTH-tied-QUARTER". Just show the beats clearly, and you'll get your rhythm spellings right almost all the time.
*A CHALLENGE - Apply this principle of showing beats to m. 13, and show me what you come up with. (Hint: it has to do with the dotted eighths)

Also, this song is in C minor, so given that, you're going to want to spell all those C# as Db.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

cashwarrior1

At 13, the actual song has the beats uneven, and if i made them line up it wouldn't sound correct

Bespinben

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on March 07, 2015, 11:11:32 AMAt 13, the actual song has the beats uneven, and if i made them line up it wouldn't sound correct

You're exactly right - the melody does not fall on the beat, but it is still our job to show the beat, and that's where using TIES comes in (which is, to account for the syncopated rhythms, like here at m. 13).

Here's what you wrote:

Here's the SAME THING, but spelled differently:

cashwarrior1

Bespinben

No problem! I had to learn the principle myself once upon a time:

Quote from: pumpy_heart on September 22, 2011, 01:10:44 PMGreat Canyon sounds pretty awesome. Really nice work.
Sometimes, you have dotted notes against each other. The better arrangement of those notes would be dotted quarter, eighth note tied to a quarter, then quarter (or whatever follows). It sounds fine on the midi, but reading it would be much easier on the performer. Really, any dotted note (in simple meter, better watch myself) should be followed by the note that finishes the beat. So a dotted quarter would be followed by an eighth note, or a dotted eighth note by a sixteenth. Simplifies errthing.

cashwarrior1

Bespinben

Left of the "Reply" button is a button labeled "Edit submission" -- use that to update the files.

cashwarrior1

I don't know if this is supposed to happen, but my .mid file can only be opened on quicktime player for me.

JDMEK5

Right-click the file, and hit "Open with". Finale should be one of your options alongside others including but not limited to Quicktime.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Bespinben