Zunawe Can Make Games!

Started by Zunawe, May 23, 2012, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Dude

Yeah.

Mostly Visual Basic, so I don't know how that will work for a game...

But yeah.

Fleetstar The Flygon

Quote from: Zunawe on May 29, 2012, 08:12:37 PMWas it really hard? I mean, I know that it might be difficult in the later levels, but I can't see it being that impossible. What made it hard?

EDIT: Actually, I may have forgotten to reset the level count. I mess around with that to test things. There should only be small asteroids on levels 1-4. After level 1, check the top right of  the upgrades screen.
I think my computer made it glitchy... I'll have to see about downloading it to another program D:

K-NiGhT

So are we considering this RPG? Cuz i've got two stories in mind. I would also like to be on the music team. Lol :)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Zunawe

That's kinda going to be the most popular team. I think that there are two options here:

1. We create a game using C++ after we get enough people to learn it, and we have a game made completely from scratch.
2. We use Game Maker for both programming and graphics, and share the files with one person who compiles it all. This would be easier, but a little more restrictive, and a little harder to organize.

I think we should start a new thread and basically set it up like the community orchestra thread. I'll do that tomorrow, and if we feel like we have enough people on board we'll start. Begin developing a story, because we'll need that before we can start anything else in the development.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

fabbemannen

hmm, I've been doing some programming in different languages and I have been trying a little with the XNA-plugin for C#
I started on a game myself, but stopped when it came to collisions, 'cause it stopped making sense :/

I could help with maybe some basic programming and design/sprites, but right now I don't wanna be at the computer too much 'cause of an eyeinfection (I actually type without looking, feels better that way and still without mistakes ^^)

I could help with some songs too, well, I'm actually involved in 2 other games' music right now, but it gets slow since I don't have a bigger midi-keyboard atm

Zunawe

Okay, I've got the thread up here. If you've already said something on here, like Fabbemannen, then put it up on this thread too.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Zunawe

Baby bump before I move the file out of Dropbox.

I program things

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Zunawe on June 07, 2012, 09:01:55 AMOkay, I've got the thread up here. If you've already said something on here, like Fabbemannen, then put it up on this thread too.
Please Don't click on this link everybody; I was stupid and nearly got a virus (and a heart attack)

Dude

It just goes to the old url so yeah it'll do that until he updates it.

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=4506.new#new

Idk if that fixes it. I'll test it.

Ya we good now.

Also, just because it goes to a website-not-found-advertising page doesn't mean it's a virus, genius.

Tobbeh99

Nice game!

Too random in my opinion. Would be better we constant levels, so you can memorize the enemies and coins. Would also be nice with some checkpoints.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

This was one of my first major programming projects (and programming is a a strong term), and randomization was easier.

Also link updated.

I program things

Tobbeh99

I wonder how that Rainbow death beam looks! And also with full beam speed! I came to triple beam, that one was quite crazy since it blew up everything, and all the big boulders, which was annoying. Probably a good "farming beam" however.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

I can't remember. And I doubt you're likely to get enough money for it. If you want, I can post the game maker file temporarily and you can figure out how to set parameters.

I program things