News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

DBJack's Arrangements (9/10) {11 New Songs!}

Started by DBJack, June 03, 2008, 01:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lildigipoke2

MK sounds pretty good right now....just a few parts are off....i can't tell where the left hand is weird though....the three 16th notes together sound off.....maybe a different rhythm

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

DBJack

Maybe I've just been biasing myself listening to it again and again.

I messed around with the sixteenth notes, and found that one of them was supposed to be longer. I've uploaded the new version.

I don't think many people played Double Dragon 2, so I searched YouTube and found this version of it.

Sorry, but the clip I did is about 6 minutes in. This is the only version I could find. It's the fourth mission, with the pink walls.

You're doing it wrong! Failure!

Brawler4Ever

MK: Measures 13-16 are...difficult to play. They overlap a lot. Try this.
Yours an awesome arrangement, though. I like it.  ;)

DD2UB: I see nothing wrong with it.  :D
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

DBJack

Ok. I was thinking about lowering it, but it sounded so awesome up high like that! But played on a piano, I agree, it should be lowered.

Thanks!
 ;D

DBJack

After tinkering with Mortal Kombat some more, I found that the whole note in measure eighteen might be flat. This is the altered version, while the original is on top. I really can't decide which is better. Both work, and my original midi is poor quality for those whole notes.

Also, one that I've been working on is up. It's only about halfway done on the right hand. This new one is frusterating, because I can play it on piano, but its rhythms are hard to get on paper for me.

Nintendude73

Your submitted song has been accepted.

DBJack

New song is up! It's not as complete as the other two were, but I finally got most of the weird rhythms down.

pumpy_heart

On your boss battle...I dunno where to start.
First off, I think you have it written as a dotted sixteenth in 6/8 equals an eigth note in 4/4.  If this is true, you should prolly still with 4/4 and use triplets.
I can't reallly say much else.. but try this first. I'll critique things later if needed.

DBJack

I did try to write it at first in 4/4, and it sounded off. There are too many half rests, and the left hand melody on the original has 8 beats per 3 counts. I'll give it another try in 4/4 and compare them, though.

New song is up, and a half finished one is posted.

*edit* 4/4 is impossible, I think. 3/4 might work. But I prefer using 6/8 and a few needed triplets as opposed to much of the song in triplets. That's just me. If I get a second opinion that triplets and 3/4 are the way to go, I'll change it, but I've noticed the more triplets there are the more frowned upon the arrangement is.  :-[  Is there something else I can alter in chords or rhythms in the meantime?

pumpy_heart

I might've misspoke. 4/4 is possible. Most definately. You use 8 dotted sixteenths every measure of the bassline. To change this, make those sixteenths an eigth note in 4/4. I'll show you what I mean.
I hope you love me after this. I went through all these calculations trying to figure out exactly how this would work. Compare them to your old things and make adjustments.
I didnt redo the whole song...but I think this version is definately clearer so far. If you want to see my calculations, I'd send them to you via request.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2j1mqm0dmd0
However, although this is neater, I don't believe this song could ever be uber awesomely look good. But I believe this is better. Any advice from the community would be appreciated.

DBJack

Ohh I see. Thanks! I'll retry this song some time, but I'm still a little bit worried there will be too many triplets. But, I understand it will be cleaner. Kind of  ;D

pumpy_heart

Yea. I await the day that people will allow there to be two different time signatures in piano music. I've seen a couple, but its not very widely used at all.
But glad to know I've helped.

Beethoven II

Heh, mortal combat theme sounds like one of the songs in the Transformer's Movie

Lildigipoke2

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE