News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Jester Musician's arrangements: "ASGORE" - Undertale

Started by JesterMusician, March 17, 2015, 02:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesterMusician

I didn't care too much for the arrangement on the website, so I made my own. This marks my 10th arrangement ever!

Super Paper Mario - "The Ultimate Show"
[MID][MUS][PDF]

Original:

My arrangement:

Tobbeh99

Great job! I've always thought that the one on site needs a replacement, and this is much better. However there is some room for improvement, some thoughts I had:

1 ) Maybe write something like "improvisational" or "freely" in the first tempo mark, since it sounds a bit improvised/free.
2 ) There are some wind chimes/Glockenspiel in the background which you're missing
3 ) Don't know if you can somehow incorporate that electric-sounds bass in a way that sounds good.
4 ) just before measure 29, there is some fast keyboard notes you're missing.
5 ) The part measure 35-42: There is a low string tremolo, I think it would be a better in the left hand than the bass you got. I think it would make it sound more treble and shivering which that part sound.
6 ) measure 42: Make a glissando from maybe beat 2 or 3 to the low C on beat 4.
7 ) measure 43- 48: There is a clear bass vocal singing straight quarters. It would be great if you would to incorporate with bass to get a clear quarter note bass sound.
8 ) measure: 53-54: in the end of measure 53 there is some chromatic scale going down.

Other thoughts:
I'm impressed by you to arrange this song, it seems so hard by to a great extent being based on percussion and various sounds, and by having a lot of hidden voices in various instruments in it.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JesterMusician

Thanks for your feedback Tobbeh99! A lot of your feedback comes down to missing voices, and I know I am, but necessarily so. It's simply impossible to capture them all. Besides, I don't think it's particularly useful to transcribe those that are extreme in pitch or tempo, those that are really quiet, or those that simply don't translate well to piano, like portamentos. Sure, they may complement the song well in the recording, but some amount of triage is required. Including them may, in fact, take away from the arrangement more than they bring to it. Good design is not only knowing what to put in, but also what to leave out.

1) I originally wrote "Rubato" but I must have accidentally gotten rid of it. Fixed.
2) This is an example of something extreme in tempo. Besides, this whole introduction is drastically slower than the rest of the song, so I'd rather include the slow parts.
3) I changed it to reflect the electronic percussion as well so it's more rhythmic. Turns out every other measure is the same!
4) This is another example of something extreme in tempo. See the image for what that looks like. It also doesn't sound very good.

5) An actual tremolo, even in octaves, doesn't sound better than the bass in my opinion.
6) This is an example of a portamento, which in general doesn't translate very well to piano (besides, it's only 1 step, 1.5 tops). Since I'm not using a tremolo for preceding measures, I'd rather keep this measure markedly without articulation, except for the beginning note and the extremely low bass note on Beat 4 - I'd lose that by doing a glissando or really anything else. (However, if I did use a tremolo, I'd be able to descend with it)
7) The bass is not singing straight quarters. They're quarter notes on Beat 1 (which is in the right hand), and MAYBE Beat 3, but that would be an example of something too quiet to transcribe.
8) This is another example of a portamento, and in this case it doesn't really transcribe well to piano (think about how it would sound in practice). Besides, if I included it, I'd have to give up some of the power in those octave C's.

I have updated the files with these changes.

Tobbeh99

6 ) and 8 ) Y I noticed that, it doesn't fit with a glissando, the only thing that might fit would be a chromatic scale downwards, but don't know if that's possible.
4 ) Y that looks quite complicated, what I usually do is to when I got fast runs like that is to not write then out perfectly but to simplify them, maybe by making them sextuplets with only straight 16ths in them leading up to the high Eb or something. But that keyboard is not the most important thing and it's a sound decision in leaving it out. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JesterMusician

Yay! "The Ultimate Show" got accepted to the site! =D

It's been a while since my last arrangement, but I took up a request from Latios - "Dream a New Dream for Tomorrow". Check it out!

Kirby's Dream Collection - "Dream a New Dream for Tomorrow"
[MID][MUS][PDF]

Sebastian

Hey! Awesome Job!
I have a request for you since you like Super Paper Mario. You could do Count Bleck's Plan or World of Nothing. :)

JesterMusician

Swept up in all the Undertale mania, I arranged the skeleton bros' battle themes!

Undertale - "Bonetrousle"
[MID][MUS][PDF]

Undertale - "Megalovania"
[MID][MUS][PDF]

JesterMusician

Haven't updated this thread in a while. I've decided I'm going to keep all my music on my MuseScore account, and only make Finale versions when I'm looking to submit them.

Death by Glamour
sans.
Memory
Spear of Justice
Spider Dance

deku_link

Quote from: JesterMusician on December 24, 2015, 10:15:21 AMHaven't updated this thread in a while. I've decided I'm going to keep all my music on my MuseScore account, and only make Finale versions when I'm looking to submit them.

Death by Glamour
sans.
Memory
Spear of Justice
Spider Dance
You did a great job on spider dance, but Death by Glamour is a bit lighter on the more fierce parts of the song, like the notes borrowed from "Metal Crusher"
I'm an eldritch abomination darn it! I can lurk around whatever websites I want!

FireArrow

I already have a spider dance in the arrangement project. I have no real desire to submit it on site, so feel if you wanna submit yours make sure you do it before that project inevitably becomes official.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mastersuperfan

Quote from: JesterMusician on December 24, 2015, 10:15:21 AMHaven't updated this thread in a while. I've decided I'm going to keep all my music on my MuseScore account, and only make Finale versions when I'm looking to submit them.

Death by Glamour
sans.
Memory
Spear of Justice
Spider Dance

A little feedback on Spider Dance:

You're missing notes in the right hand in m18 and m20. (Not harmony, but missing rhythms.)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

JesterMusician

I decided to make a version of ASGORE for myself, but I won't try to submit it, unless Olimar12345 wants me to - his arrangement is just fine.

Also, it's got a Sans-level pun in the tempo marking.
ASGORE

JesterMusician

I'm making it a goal for myself to do all of the Undertale boss themes (once again, for myself, not necessarily for submission). I went on a bit of a frenzy over the past few weeks or so...

Heartache
Hopes and Dreams
Dummy!
Battle Against a True Hero
Metal Crusher

Here's a link to the whole collection so far:
Undertale - Boss music

Similar to how Bergentrückung is part of ASGORE, I'm probably going to add Nyeh Heh Heh! to Bonetrousle, Ghost Fight to Dummy!, and perhaps SAVE the World to Hopes and Dreams.