News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Yug Guy's Arrangement Emporium

Started by Yug_Guy, March 25, 2015, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Yay! More Kirby replacements!

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 06, 2017, 08:49:37 PMDANG! Why is everyone, all of a sudden, predicting the sheets I was planning on doing within the next few weeks??
I call dibs on this (already half done)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on April 06, 2017, 08:56:29 PMYay! More Kirby replacements!
I call dibs on this (already half done)

Can't wait to hear it! :D (I was a little scared to attempt it, anyway.)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Yug_Guy

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 06, 2017, 08:49:37 PMDANG! Why is everyone, all of a sudden, predicting the sheets I was planning on doing within the next few weeks??
It's quite simple, Levi: I can read your thoughts. So you'd better not be thinking of anything... naughty

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Latios212 on April 06, 2017, 08:56:29 PMI call dibs on this (already half done)

I put down in the In-Progress Topic II that I'm revising my first draft of this to make sure it's rhythmically accurate. Losing some of it to a so-called USB stick "repair" sucked...
(Unfortunately, I think I'll be forced to make part of it mildly rhythmically inaccurate just to make it more easily readable.)

Update: Since I didn't use my USB stick for a while again, it suffered from corruption again and, this time, my second draft was completely irrecoverable (along with several of my other music files, including my set for the most recent arrangement contest here) post-"repair". I'll have to do it again from memory and save it into my computer and/or the cloud this time.

Yug_Guy

Happy 4/20! Time to celebrate with a character who... eats a lot of food, I guess? idk, this joke is going nowhere.

Kirby Super Star [SNES]
"Dynablade Overworld" (Replacement) MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!
"Peanut Plain" (Replacement) MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

I also had a replacement for Cocoa Caves in-progress, but it was so tedious & frustrating that I just kinda stopped. If anyone's planning on doing a replacement for this one in the near future, I'd be more than willing to lend you what I have so far as a jumping-off point. But as for me, I'm through with this piece.

So if anyone needs me for something anytime soon, I'll be monkeying around somewhere else.

LeviR.star

If you don't mind, I'd like to take on the Meddlesome Marx replacement.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Yug_Guy

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 20, 2017, 10:37:48 AMIf you don't mind, I'd like to take on the Meddlesome Marx replacement.
I believe it's simply called "Marx's Theme", but you are more than welcome to take it.

LeviR.star

I'd trust an official CD more than GilvaSunner. Meddlesome Marx - YouTube But thanks so much for letting me take it! :D

P.S.: I don't blame you for giving up on Cocoa Cave - that one section seems tricky to arrange into anything on piano.

Maelstrom

To be fair, the only time that song is directly named is on that 25th anniversary CD.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 21, 2017, 10:31:04 AMTo be fair, the only time that song is directly named is on that 25th anniversary CD.

And?... does that make it an unreliable source?...

Also, some of these Super Star sheets could really use some staccatos.

Static

I've always seen the song called "Vs. Marx", which is as far as I know, the original official title, as seen here and here.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on April 21, 2017, 10:48:35 AMI've always seen the song called "Vs. Marx", which is as far as I know, the original official title, as seen here and here.

Without the aid of official soundtracks, how to people verify the titles of these old songs?

Latios212

Case by case basis, really. If there's no official title available, then generally the most commonly used (if accurate) title is used.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Latios212 on April 21, 2017, 10:54:55 AMCase by case basis, really. If there's no official title available, then generally the most commonly used (if accurate) title is used.
Exactly. I happen to be arranging two songs that are a great example of this. Attacking the Boss from Twilight Princess and Scaldera/Tentalus (Vulnerable) from Skyward Sword. Neither have official titles, so the best option is to go with what is most used. Either that or whichever is more accurate to what the song is used for (i.e. Scaldera/Tentalus (Vulnerable)).
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on April 21, 2017, 10:54:55 AMCase by case basis, really. If there's no official title available, then generally the most commonly used (if accurate) title is used.

Usually, yes, but if you're looking for the most accurate/official title, some good spots to check that I use are the Nintendo Wiki, Video Game Music Preservation Foundation, and VGMdb. There's plenty more as well, but sites like these can help when looking for correct titles, composers, and arrangers. Hope this helps!