News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

What music sheets are you playing right now?

Started by AwesomeYears, March 29, 2015, 03:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Bloop on April 14, 2015, 02:12:57 PMchopin's a bitch
i just can't feel this polyrhythm
Try this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF5CLjNa2lU
And Bubbles, if you'd like some help with the Etude, PM me and I'm more than happy to offer what I can :D
what is shitpost

Bloop

Bubbles

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 14, 2015, 03:39:59 PMAnd Bubbles, if you'd like some help with the Etude, PM me and I'm more than happy to offer what I can :D
Thanks but I think I got it mostly down. I'm trying to get it completely memorized now

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Bubbles on April 15, 2015, 04:14:51 AMThanks but I think I got it mostly down. I'm trying to get it completely memorized now
Okay, cool :) if I may rant, I have an exercise that is very applicable for 10/12 (not mine actually, it's Josh Wright's), called for the 4-3-2-1 exercise.
Essentially, for a given passage that is filled with a bunch of rapid notes, play through it slowly, playing each note 4 times, then 3 times, then 2 times, then regularly (1). Helps with note memorization.
You can also practice in it sections of 8 bars and memorize that way (I prefer to start at the end, so that in performance, there's always somewhere to go to, instead of stumbling over the same passage).
4-3-2-1 exercise video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKcwsHgM_6Y
what is shitpost

Bubbles

My hands hurt just watching him haha but I'll try it, thanks!

Tobbeh99

I'm trying to learn Chopin étude op.10 no.1 (Waterfall). My piano teacher used to say that it was if not the hardest Chopin étude, one of them. And yes it's quite challenging with those wide arpeggios in that fast speed. But still also fun, and the sheet is really easy to read so you can get through the piece and memorize it really quickly. I've played op.10 no.9 before, and it's somewhat similar but for the left hand instead of the right hand.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

SlowPokemon

I've been playing through the accompaniments for the Into the Woods score and it's very challenging but very very fun, especially if you have someone to sing while you play. Like all Sondheim really.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Xaoz

Chopin Op. 64 No. 2
BWV 779 ("Inventio 8")
All of Me - John Legend (For a wedding... Atleast I plan to start with this soonish... Maybe...)

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

FireArrow

I want to learn Chopin's fantasie impromptu... buttttttttttt.... yeh.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Pianist Da Sootopolis

For 10/1, try thinking of your hand as an accordion- and look at this one.
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on May 25, 2015, 09:25:52 PMFor 10/1, try thinking of your hand as an accordion- and look at this one.

Yes I've looked up a few "tutorials" for the piece. In those they also mention the rotation, (it might be the same guy I watch as in your video). Personally I find the downwards arpeggios harder, so I've been focusing on those, and to fold my hand, and to make the movement feel more smooth and easy . I really like how this étude teaches you to expand your hand and also your arms, body, and how it teaches you have to use the entire keyboard. Very fruitful étude!
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

nacho2420

I know I'm a ghost here at times, but I finally got around to making a cover of Grant Kirkhope's "Treasure Trove Cove".
The arrangement was on VgVirtuoso before the site died, but it's available on my website. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CnnCMVWsb0

Pianist Da Sootopolis

My new (and edited!) summer repertoire schedule (hopefully can make some progress on at least some of these):

Chopin:
Ballade in A flat-
Mazurka in C sharp minor, Op 6/2
Mazurka in E flat minor, Op 6/4
Nocturne in B major, Op 32/1
Nocturne in G minor, Op 37/1
Beethoven, Pathetique Sonata Op. 13
The Prelude from Bach's prelude and fugue in C minor (already did the fugue)
Ravel, Prelude in A minor
Manuelle De Falla, Ritual Fire Dance

(Whew! That was a lot of YT links)
This summer is going to be FUN  8)
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

We've got a big line up for our patriotic concert this year, but my favorite piece we'll be performing is this

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

AwesomeYears

This is one of my main songs I have to play and boy is it fast :P

Guess I have to find the right fingering...