News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

What music sheets are you playing right now?

Started by AwesomeYears, March 29, 2015, 03:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Bloop

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Aren't the sinfonia's essentially smaller fugues?
what is shitpost

Bloop

Idk I just know them as 2-part and 3-part inventions

Pianist Da Sootopolis

(Sinfonia= three part piece, later used in some of the Partitas if I remember right. Either the partitas or the suites)
Well if it's three voices, it has similar voicing issues to those you'd find in a fugue (like the second fugue of the first WTC in C minor).
what is shitpost

Bloop

Ah alright. damn you voicing u so messyyyy~

InsigTurtle

My classes are ending in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to use the two weeks after that to hopefully learn one of the following:
... and maybe a fugue. I don't know. I'm pretty bad at voicing stuff with my weaker left hand fingers.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mayastarr041

Dance of Eternity
Trying to play this (and failing miserably). It's worth a shot.  :-\
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Tobbeh99

Y Dream Theater is hard.

I tried learning As I Am for guitar. It went... kind of good, but the solo was impossible. My brain died by reading the tab and trying to play it, so I'd improvised during the solo parts.

I also bought this and tried learning my favorite dream theater songs. But first of, it was only the keyboard parts, not fully arranged piano arrangements :-\. And secondly it was hell of hard.

But I think that a lot of Dream Theater songs could sound good on piano. And some might not be so difficult like This is the Life, one song I had in mind.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mayastarr041

Oh yeah! Nice one. As I am is really difficuly. Have you tried playing the solo for the dark eternal night and this dying soul? XD

Bloop

I can play Panic Attack (until the guitar solo), Root of All Evil (until the guitat solo) and On the Back of Angels (until the piano solo) on piano but I probably forgot all of it. The thing about Dream Theater is that it sounds easy but is awfully difficult.

mayastarr041

Quote from: Bloop on July 29, 2015, 03:06:16 PMI can play Panic Attack (until the guitar solo), Root of All Evil (until the guitat solo) and On the Back of Angels (until the piano solo) on piano but I probably forgot all of it. The thing about Dream Theater is that it sounds easy but is awfully difficult.
Oh yes. I tried to play Endless Sacrifice, but it totally got me. Is that pianist playing a piano or some kind of...synth?

Bloop

Quote from: mayastarr041 on July 29, 2015, 05:14:53 PMOh yes. I tried to play Endless Sacrifice, but it totally got me. Is that pianist playing a piano or some kind of...synth?
He plays a lot of different kinds of keyboards and stuff. Look at the live video for Octavarium ^^