News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

What music sheets are you playing right now?

Started by AwesomeYears, March 29, 2015, 03:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

InsigTurtle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz3TqZtAkeQ
I think this étude perfectly represents how I've been feeling for the past little while. But this one is actually rather difficult, what with the large leaps, large intervals (I have to roll the 12ths and stuff), control, speed, etc... But it's in Eb minor (or D# minor, rather), so I *need* to learn this...

On the side, I've been learning "Link Awakes" or "Link's Awake" from Link's Awakening (I've always been fond of that one), and Milonga del ángel. Both are fairly easy, but I still like spending time on them because I like them.

Bloop

what's with those triple octave leaps
i think i'd be way too frustrated playing that left hand
But then again, it'd be very satisfying to play

Maelstrom

Currently learning:
Snowy Valak Mountain (Night)
Agniratha, Mechonics Capital
Waltz of the Boos

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Damn, props to you for learning the Scriabin.
Decided I'm going to tackle some more Chopin etudes as well. Tentatively adding Op. 25 #9 and #10 right now.
what is shitpost

InsigTurtle

Honestly, I'm complete shit at the Scriabin etude right now. But I'll keep hammering on at it, since I want to feel the satisfaction of playing those last measures.

That octave etude that you linked is something I've always wanted to try out, actually... But I've never gotten around to learning it.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

The trouble isn't really with the octaves so much as the held notes in between. That's really what's difficult, it's mostly a piece of cake for anyone semi competent at octaves.
what is shitpost

Bloop

Currently playing:

Death of Logical Finger Placement in f minor by Bach:

The Patience Challenge by Schubert:

Pianist Da Sootopolis

XD Great pieces, and love the creative nicknames for them.
what is shitpost

DS

A friend and I are learning Deku Trombonist's 4 hand arrangement of SSBM Final Destination, hopefully we'll record it and post it on Youtube on Thursday or Friday

cashwarrior1

I'm playing Chain-link Charge! I hate jazz bass!

DS

Here's me practicing both parts to the SSBM FD thing (no I didn't play it perfectly, I just ripped the audio off a synthesia vid and put it in as I can't record my keyboard's audio :P)

https://youtu.be/34lXGm-y4DU

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

daj

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on June 08, 2016, 05:16:24 PMNew exam repertoire! (this is the finalized version of the other stuff I was planning to play)

- Beethoven: Sonata Op. 81a, "Lebewohl"
- Bach: French Suite #5
- Schubert: Sonata in A minor, D. 784
- Respighi: Nocturne in G flat

Ahhh, this is a beautiful program <3

The Beethoven Op. 81a is particularly beautiful. But what makes it awesome is the program behind it, and some guy has an entire collection of Beethoven lectures, of which the Op. 81a one is a part of. Won't spoil the details, but dang, you've got to know the story! :D

(also it's called "les adieux". hehe. "lebewohl" is the first movement.)

~

Currently doing Mendelssohn's futher-mocking Rondo Capriccioso. The first section requires you to play like an angel, and then suddenly it goes into this mad rush that needs you to tap the keys with a feather touch and hard fingertips at the same time. And then comes a mad flurry or arpeggios and flourishes before the final recap. Still using that firm feather touch. how even

Oh, and Debussy's Estampes Mvmt I. Beautiful piece there. :) not just because it's asian-sounding and i'm asian btw, it's really a good piece.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Les Adieux is the french word for "goodbye" or "farewell". Lebewohl is the german word for it. Seeing as Beethoven was the latter, I think it's perfectly appropriate to use it for 81a ;)
But yeah, I've seen the lecture and I know the story behind it, it's a great piece!

Good luck with the Mendelssohn and the Debussy!
what is shitpost