News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Yooka-Laylee (New title from ex-Rare Banjo-Kazooie devs!)

Started by KefkaticFanatic, April 30, 2015, 12:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

KefkaticFanatic

Went straight for the Digital Deluxe with Toybox , but am highly considering getting the physical deluxe edition.  What's making me hesitate right now is that it's double the price :B

me irl
[close]

MaestroUGC

I'll be getting the physical deluxe, fortunately they're not going anywhere so I can wait until payday to get it.

Also At this rate it's already going to reach double funding within 2 hours of starting. I predict this thing will raise somewhere in the ball-park of a million dollars by the end of it's first week.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maelstrom

At this rate, I think it will reach a million pounds. It's quite remarkable, really.

MaestroUGC

It'll probably hit several million by the time it's finished.

Needless to say Playtonic will have a little spending money for the future.

Maelstrom

I did mean in the first week. Sorry for not specifying.

KefkaticFanatic

Obviously most of the "stretch goals" are really just feature teases and they expected to go far beyond their original goal, but neat to see regardless :P

me irl
[close]

K-NiGhT

dear lord. This kickstarter has been out for like 2 hours now and it already has 200% of its goal. That's insane. And it still has like over a month to get more donations and stuff. I really want to donate to this D:
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Bespinben

Watching the donations pile up every single second by hundreds of dollars is extremely entertaining.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

FierceDeity

Oh wow, after listening to the samples they have on the kickstarter, I'm reeeal excited/intrigued for how Wise and Kirkhope are going to be working on the same game. The two tracks are really contrasting; after listening to Kirkhope's, I was kind of expecting Wise to move more toward Kirkhope's style and at least base it on a similar theme, but it remained really distinct in a lot of ways. Sure, they're still in progress, and I'm sure they're eventually going to make some sort of compromise on a more cohesive vision, but it's still going to be really interesting to how see their stylistic differences play out.

I'm probably also going for the physical deluxe edition eventually. I know there's no limit on the amount of backers for that, but is there any risk of that becoming unavailable before the June 17 end date?

MaestroUGC

Most kickstarters usually cap off any physical rewards (aside from physical copies of games in some cases) after the fundraising ends. That said if they promise it during the campaign they are usually obligated to deliver what they promised in exchange for payment, a fact reinforced by most sales and trade laws around the globe. So no, you can get all the promised awards for as long as they were originally offered.

As far as the two music giants working together are concerned, they're probably very aware of each other's styles (they did work together for decades, after all; Grant even adapted some of Dave's music for some GB ports), but since they want this game to basically be Banjo-Kazooie in everything but name, odds are Dave will cater more towards Grant's style in the aim of achieving a cohesive sound.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Sebastian

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness