News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Story I came up with while babysitting (starring Nebbles, BDS and Maestro)

Started by Hero of Trains, May 04, 2015, 08:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I change the ending?

No, keep it the way it is.
Yes, change it so that Latios doesn't die and Braxien and Noc get more of a role.
Yes, change it into an NSM battle royale for the ages.

Hero of Trains

This story is basically a generic fantasy story I made up for two kids I was babysitting. I used their real names in the original, but here I'll replace it with forum members. Just for fun.  ;)
Remember, I came up with this on the fly, so there isn't much detail and there are more tropes than you can count. Well, without further ado:

Princess Nebbles, the Dragonslayer

Once upon a time, in the kingdom of NinSheetLand, there was an old king named Jamaha and his daughter, Princess Nebbles. The king ruled fairly, and taught his daughter the art of politics. The princess was very happy. She loved everything about being a princess. The balls, the dresses, the castle, but most of all, she loved the feasts. They were huge celebrations, with over 20 courses, at least 10 of which were desserts. There were cakes, cookies, ice cream, strudels, crumpets, crepes and more.
     All was well in the kingdom until one day, a huge dragon appeared. BDS's shadow towered over the castle, causing all to flee. Its scales were black as night, with long, curling, slate grey horns. Its teeth were pearly white, but you could see a reddish-orange glow inside from the growing fire in its belly. Its wings stretched across the sky, blotting out the sun. With claws as sharp as knives and as long as a man is tall, no one dared refuse its request.
      "I am BDS. Who dares to oppose me?" (read in Batman voice) Nobody replied.
      "Bring me the princess immediately!" He roared. Though the others were to terrified to moved, Nebbles thought fast. She knew that the kingdom needed her leadership in this time of hardship, and so she came up with a plan. She had a scullery maid dress up in her finest dress, and told her to go out and tell the dragon that she was the princess. The maid obliged, and the dragon took off with the "princess".

And that's all you get for now, I have to go off to lunch. Maybe you'll get some dragon slaying at 4ish. I dunno. Tell me what you think. (Maestro, I'm sorry you aren't in here yet, don't kill me please)  :)
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Maelstrom

10/10 better than ThatGamer's weird dream he just had to post.

Latios212

This is cool! :D I wanna be in the story!

Quote from: Hero of Trains on May 04, 2015, 08:37:55 AMAll was well in the kingdom until one day, a huge dragon appeared. BDS's shadow towered over the castle, causing all to flee.
Wait if BDS is a dragon... would he slay himself? ???
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

MaestroUGC

No, you're not getting the greater implications of it.

He's the Black Dragon Slayer; because he, as a dragon, killed all the rest.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Hero of Trains

More! I've decided to add names to a variety of minor characters, just for fun.

Although her father said that he had it under control, several weeks passed without any rebellion. The citizens were in constant fear of the threat of the dragon. Nebbles couldn't stand this. She had to do something to help rid the world of the terrible dragon! She decided to begin training in secret.
     She approached Latios, the captain of the guard, and asked him to train her in sword fighting. He obliged, and she began to practice. She was a natural, and within a month they were ready to set off. She set out at dawn along the dark road, leaving behind everything she had ever known.
     Nebbles and Latios set out, following the rocky road. Eventually, it became dirt, and then just a grass path. Suddenly, they were facing a huge forest. They elected to go through, rather than around, because it stretched as far as the eye could see in all directions.
     They came upon a small stone marker, saying 'Turn back unless your heart is true'. They had no choice but to continue on, however, as they had already lost the path they came on.
     The silence was overwhelming as they came into a clearing with a burbling stream running through it. Latios stepped inside, and suddenly a huge deer spirit appeared! (Think Xerneas) Both jumped back, but the spirit said "Do not be afraid. I am Bespinben, the guardian of the forest. I shall not harm any with good intentions."
     "What do you want? I am only passing through on my voyage to save the kingdom."
     "You shall never succeed as it is- You will need the sword of evil's bane to destroy the true evil."
     Latios intruded on the conversation "I know what that is! It's that cool blue sword that's hanging above the throne! Nobody's allowed to use it though."
     "Yes." With that final word, Bespinben disappeared into the mist coming from the stream.
Nebbles and Latios woke up outside of the castle gates. It was just before dusk, so they ran in before the gates closed. Nebbles decided to talk to her father and get permission to use the great sword.
    "Oh father, could I use that sword on the wall? I need it to save the kingdom."
    "You are not ready. You cannot wield it properly."
    "What must I do? I have trained for a month."
    "You must prove your strength and wit. Fetch me some lava, still boiling, from the top of Mount Doom and I will reconsider.

So yeah, that's it for this update. This story is longer than I expected. I only told it in around 15 minutes.  ???
Latios, you're in there now.  :)
Maestro, you have an awesome part at the end. Don't worry. It's coming.
And because there was already a black dragon in the story, I just couldn't resist casting it as BDS. :D

I'm thinking this is going to be about four parts. Well, off to carpool for now. Next update at 8ish maybe hopefully?

Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Nebbles

Whaaaat, I'm a princess that can sword fight and slay dragons??? fuck yeah
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

the nerd is strong with this one
Dun du du dudududun
dudududuuuuuuuuun
unmotivated

Hero of Trains

More! Short post, because "bedtime" is soon.

Nebbles was unsure of what to do. How could she fetch lava and bring it all the way across the kingdom?
Whatever. She had to start somewhere, didn't she? Why not just go to the mountain and see what was there? Maybe she could figure it out later. She rode off with Latios on her mighty steed, Epona, and soon came to the forest. She decided to see if Bespinben could give her any help, so she went to the clearing once again. All she could see, though were two glimmering lights. They rushed up to her, swirling around her head and making her dizzy. (Think Tatl and Tael)
     "Who... who are you?" Nebbles thought they were sentient. Probably. They started blinking and flashing. Were they communicating with each other?
     Eventually, they seemed to come to an agreement. The blue one spoke up. "We'll help you if you can get us out of this forest."
     "Umm... okay? Sure, we can help you."
     "Okay, I'm Braxien and this is my brother, Nocturne."
     Latios piped up "HI! Nice to meet you, friendly friend! I'm sure you'll be the greatest partners ever!
     The two fairies just stared. "Let's just get out of here, okay?"

Okay, so I wasn't planning on posting now, but I wanted to show braxien and NoS their parts. I already had them planned, so yeah. As you can see, I was getting tired enough to include fruitless video game references. More tomorrow during Bio! Yay! :)

Dudeman

Great NSM Pokemon Adventure Ver. 2.0

Probably the most least creative fantasy video game combination reference novella work I have ever read. Much excellence.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

Hero of Trains

Exactly. This is what happens in my imagination. I really like the "most least creative" part. Thanks!  :D
Also, very excellent, not much excellence.  ;)

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Hero of Trains