Arrangement Contest No. 7 - Brainstorming

Started by FierceDeity, May 09, 2015, 01:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like to see as this contest's theme?

JUST the "making songs happier" idea
5 (50%)
JUST the "limited orchestration" idea (idk how that'd actually work)
2 (20%)
Both ideas, WITH THEIR POWERS COMBINED
2 (20%)
The "limited orchestration" idea, but in combination with another theme
0 (0%)
Solo with optional accompaniment
0 (0%)
Something else, all of these ideas suck
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: May 13, 2015, 06:23:06 PM

braix

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 24, 2015, 12:39:14 PMWinter-ifying something? It is the Christmas season right now after all.
But Christmas is like tomorrow :P
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mastersuperfan

Well, it'll still be winter for a while yet.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Olimar12345

Like, make something sound like an ice/snow world theme?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

Is anyone against happy-fying? I liked that idea and it won the poll last time.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

I'm fine with the ensemble, winter, and happy theme ideas

InsigTurtle

You could also do a summer-ish thing. For those Australians out there (assuming that Australia exists). This is somewhat related to the "happifying" idea.

I thought the "Theme and Variations" idea was pretty good, though. It was pretty open-ended, which could lead to all sorts of entries. I really don't think it matters whether or not we repeat an idea, as long as it's not repeated too often.

Clanker37

We could even do a Theme and Variations on a Season Theme. As in having 4 variations for summer, autumn, winter and spring.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 24, 2015, 12:00:01 PMHow about Latios hosts and you judge, once you said you could do both? Problem solved lol.
wat. All I was trying to say was that I would do either. I'm still willing to host, considering no one's really adamant about doing it.

I do like the winter/seasons idea, and limited instruments sounds fun as well. While the "happyfying" idea sounds like a lot of fun, I'm concerned that the total song selection will be much more constrained than from the "spookyfy" contest a while back, considering there aren't as many "sad" songs than there are "happy" songs. Thoughts?

Olimar12345

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 25, 2015, 07:03:59 PMwat. All I was trying to say was that I would do either. I'm still willing to host, considering no one's really adamant about doing it.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 11, 2015, 02:26:23 PMI'll go ahead and tentatively sign up for Judge and/or Host

Quote from: Latios212 on December 24, 2015, 08:17:12 AMI'M WILLING TO HOST

...but not judge

What I was saying was that Latios wanted to host and you said you'd do both, so why not have both of you rather than one of you help?

And Clanker, that idea is cool! I'd love to do something like that!

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

Sorry to bother everyone, but what exactly is this?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

BrainyLucario

Oh wow... that's actually pretty neat! So... are you all deciding who will host the next one?

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 25, 2015, 07:13:26 PMWhat I was saying was that Latios wanted to host and you said you'd do both, so why not have both of you rather than one of you
I thought Latios originally said he just wanted to arrange. I just looked through the thread; turns out he never said that.

Judging it is then!

Latios212

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 25, 2015, 07:13:26 PMWhat I was saying was that Latios wanted to host and you said you'd do both, so why not have both of you rather than one of you help?
Yeah I would like to host, if you guys don't mind! :J

And I do like the Seasons idea! I love it when games put a different spin on tracks during different times (like Pokémon Black/White Route themes).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BrainyLucario

I actually might be into this!! I also agree with Latios212, the seasons idea would be a really cool Idea